* hcidump replacement
@ 2021-12-06 22:57 Dave Close
From: Dave Close @ 2021-12-06 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

I've been recording data from a sensor using a script like this --

  while read a; do
    grep <pattern> $a
    # do my stuff
  done < <( hcidump -R )

Reading tons of web pages and mailing list entries, I still haven't
found anything equivalent that doesn't use the deprecated hcidump.
Suggestions appreciated.

* Re: hcidump replacement
@ 2021-12-08  6:01 ` Dave Close
From: Dave Close @ 2021-12-08  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

I wrote:

>I've been recording data from a sensor using a script like this --
>
>  while read a; do
>    grep <pattern> $a
>    # do my stuff
>  done < <( hcidump -R )
>
>Reading tons of web pages and mailing list entries, I still haven't
>found anything equivalent that doesn't use the deprecated hcidump.
>Suggestions appreciated.

Is this the wrong list for my question?

* Re: hcidump replacement
@ 2021-12-08 21:10   ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2021-12-08 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Close; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Dave,

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 1:32 AM Dave Close <dave@compata.com> wrote:

> I wrote:
>
> >I've been recording data from a sensor using a script like this --
> >
> >  while read a; do
> >    grep <pattern> $a
> >    # do my stuff
> >  done < <( hcidump -R )
> >
> >Reading tons of web pages and mailing list entries, I still haven't
> >found anything equivalent that doesn't use the deprecated hcidump.
> >Suggestions appreciated.
>
> Is this the wrong list for my question?

Check out btmon.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: hcidump replacement
@ 2021-12-09  1:24     ` Dave Close
From: Dave Close @ 2021-12-09  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

I wrote:

>I've been recording data from a sensor using a script like this --
>
>  while read a; do
>    grep <pattern> $a
>    # do my stuff
>  done < <( hcidump -R )
>
>Reading tons of web pages and mailing list entries, I still haven't
>found anything equivalent that doesn't use the deprecated hcidump.
>Suggestions appreciated.

Luiz Augusto von Dentz answered:

>Check out btmon.

Yes, I had done that. But at least the default output is much more
complex than what I see from hcidump. Are there any options you can
suggest that can get me closer to the older output? Is there any way
to get something more easily parsable, perhaps XML?