* [SPDK] Asking for how to transparently add a new physical device and resize the bdev?
@ 2022-01-07 18:08 shuo.chen
From: shuo.chen @ 2022-01-07 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

here is my scenario:
* I create a bdev1 based on /dev/nvme1 and let the application starts using it.
* After sometime, I found that bdev1 is out of space.
* I wanna attach an new physical device /dev/nvme2 into bdev1 and resize bdev1 to a large size and make it totally transparent to application.

I've taken look at lvstore, I didn't see any iterface to add new devices into the store.
Also tried with raid. Similarly, we can't attach new device after raid bdev is created.
I wanna know any suggestions.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-01-07 18:08 UTC | newest]