* Yocto Zeus -docker/PREEMPT_RT
@ 2022-02-16 12:15 Monsees, Steven C (US)
From: Monsees, Steven C (US) @ 2022-02-16 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I have 2 platforms one with a standard kernel the other using PREEMPT_RT kernel... both work as expected.

All things being equal, when I add docker container support to both platforms, the standard kernel works just fine, but on the
PREEMPT_RT kernel docker does not appear to initialize/work correctly...

I have also tested using both ARM & Intel based HW, and appear tosee the same behavior on both.

Checking online it appears there is chatter about whether docker will run correctly under a PREEMPT_RT kernel.
Example:

Last entry, from July 2021, in this blog says not supported;
Docker for RTOS? - General Discussions / Feature Requests - Docker Community Forums<https://forums.docker.com/t/docker-for-rtos/283/3>

Under Yocto, will docker & PREEMPT_RT kernels function correctly, is this combination supported ?

I am currently running zeus based platforms, docker is at version 19.03.2-ce.

Is there a patch to correct for the compatibility issues being seen ?, or
Is there a yocto version I might move to which supports both correctly ?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve