* Could you update the http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html url?
@ 2022-03-31  8:32 David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2022-03-31  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: davem; +Cc: dhowells, netdev

Hi Dave,

In Documentation/networking/netdev-FAQ.rst it mentions:

    If you aren't subscribed to netdev and/or are simply unsure if
    ``net-next`` has re-opened yet, simply check the ``net-next`` git
    repository link above for any new networking-related commits.  You may
    also check the following website for the current status:

      http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html

but the URL no longer points anywhere useful.  Could you update that?

Thanks,
David

* Re: Could you update the http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html url?
@ 2022-03-31 15:34 ` Jakub Kicinski
From: Jakub Kicinski @ 2022-03-31 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells; +Cc: davem, netdev

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 09:32:03 +0100 David Howells wrote:
> In Documentation/networking/netdev-FAQ.rst it mentions:
>
>     If you aren't subscribed to netdev and/or are simply unsure if
>     ``net-next`` has re-opened yet, simply check the ``net-next`` git
>     repository link above for any new networking-related commits.  You may
>     also check the following website for the current status:
>
>       http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html
>
> but the URL no longer points anywhere useful.  Could you update that?

It should display an image of a door sign saying "open" or "closed".
What do you see?

* Re: Could you update the http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html url?
@ 2022-03-31 16:25 ` David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2022-03-31 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Kicinski; +Cc: dhowells, davem, netdev

Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org> wrote:

> >       http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html
> >
> > but the URL no longer points anywhere useful.  Could you update that?
>
> It should display an image of a door sign saying "open" or "closed".
> What do you see?

A door sign saying "Sorry we're closed".  That would seem to indicate that the
URL is essentially defunct.

@ 2022-03-31 16:34   ` Jakub Kicinski
From: Jakub Kicinski @ 2022-03-31 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells; +Cc: davem, netdev

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 17:25:37 +0100 David Howells wrote:
> > >       http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html
> > >
> > > but the URL no longer points anywhere useful.  Could you update that?
> >
> > It should display an image of a door sign saying "open" or "closed".
> > What do you see?
>
> A door sign saying "Sorry we're closed".  That would seem to indicate that the
> URL is essentially defunct.

It signifies that net-next is closed and we're only taking fixes.

If we were more artistic we could fashion a clearer sign,
it's a stock photo.

I guess we could add some clarifying text to the site itself.
It's only spelled out in the title of the page.
Let's put that on the todo list for the next merge window :)

* Re: Could you update the http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html url?
@ 2022-03-31 17:25   ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2022-03-31 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dhowells; +Cc: kuba, netdev

From: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 17:25:37 +0100

> Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org> wrote:
>
>> >       http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html
>> >
>> > but the URL no longer points anywhere useful.  Could you update that?
>>
>> It should display an image of a door sign saying "open" or "closed".
>> What do you see?
>
> A door sign saying "Sorry we're closed".  That would seem to indicate that the
> URL is essentially defunct.

No, I've been travelling and failed to update it again.

I'll do thast now, thanks.