* AFK till mid-July
@ 2022-05-24 10:59 Lorenzo Pieralisi
From: Lorenzo Pieralisi @ 2022-05-24 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pci; +Cc: robh, kishon, kw, bhelgaas

Dear PCI developers,

I wanted to make everyone aware I will be AFK till mid-July and won't be
able to carry out patches review and queuing as usual.

I notified Bjorn and Rob who will kindly help (best-effort) in my
absence - please be patient and we will handle the backlog in the
next few months.

My apologies for the disruption and thank you for understanding.

Lorenzo

* Re: AFK till mid-July
@ 2022-05-24 15:07 ` Bjorn Helgaas
From: Bjorn Helgaas @ 2022-05-24 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lorenzo Pieralisi; +Cc: linux-pci, robh, kishon, kw, bhelgaas

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 11:59:15AM +0100, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
> Dear PCI developers,
>
> I wanted to make everyone aware I will be AFK till mid-July and won't be
> able to carry out patches review and queuing as usual.
>
> I notified Bjorn and Rob who will kindly help (best-effort) in my
> absence - please be patient and we will handle the backlog in the
> next few months.

I'm not as versed in the pci/controllers/ code as Rob and Lorenzo, so
it will take me longer to review things, and I apologize in advance.

When I *do* review patches there, one of my main tools is to compare
with other similar drivers.  If a driver is structured the same way as
others and uses the same naming conventions, that's a huge help to me.

I also pay attention to the mundane details like coding style, commit
logs (both content and formatting), subject lines, etc.  Patches that
look like they fit with prior history and style are also a big help to
me.

My goal is not just to be OCD about it, but to make drivers/pci/
generally uniform and more pleasant for those who come after us.
Commits are "write once, read many" things, so I want to optimize for
the readers, not the writer.

Old posting of hints, which is still relevant:
https://lore.kernel.org/r/20171026223701.GA25649@bhelgaas-glaptop.roam.corp.google.com