* regarding QEMU ACPI table generation and passing acpi tables/methods to guest OS
@ 2022-06-15 12:53 ritul guru
From: ritul guru @ 2022-06-15 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Came across below link about QEMU to pass acpi tables to guest OS.
https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/ACPITableGeneration

Can I get more docs with respect to acpi tables/devices passing to guest OS
from hypervisor or dom0?

Looking for an example how an asl file which gets added in the SSDT table
can be passed to the guest OS with the help of QEMU.

*Thanks & RegardsRitul Guru+91-9916513186*

* Re: regarding QEMU ACPI table generation and passing acpi tables/methods to guest OS
@ 2022-06-15 14:15 ` Igor Mammedov
From: Igor Mammedov @ 2022-06-15 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ritul guru; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Wed, 15 Jun 2022 18:23:28 +0530
ritul guru <ritul.bits@gmail.com> wrote:

> Came across below link about QEMU to pass acpi tables to guest OS.
> https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/ACPITableGeneration

that link a bit outdated (project was completed but than later QEMU
moved on to built-in library for composing ACPI tables)

> Can I get more docs with respect to acpi tables/devices passing to guest OS
> from hypervisor or dom0?
>
> Looking for an example how an asl file which gets added in the SSDT table
> can be passed to the guest OS with the help of QEMU.

You can look at AML library QEMU utilizes currently to build DSDT/SSDT tables
  ./hw/acpi/aml-build.c
  ./include/hw/acpi/aml-build.h

and see build_dsdt* functions for examples how it's used to compose tables.