* linux-next: duplicate patches in the ext3 tree
@ 2023-01-08  1:51 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-01-08  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

The following commits are also in Linus Torvalds' tree as different commits
(but the same patches):

  ae9e9c7ff062 ("udf: Fix extension of the last extent in the file")
  6d5ab7c2f7cf ("udf: initialize newblock to 0")

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: duplicate patches in the ext3 tree
@ 2023-01-09  9:51 ` Jan Kara
From: Jan Kara @ 2023-01-09  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

Hello!

On Sun 08-01-23 12:51:56, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> The following commits are also in Linus Torvalds' tree as different commits
> (but the same patches):
>
>   ae9e9c7ff062 ("udf: Fix extension of the last extent in the file")
>   6d5ab7c2f7cf ("udf: initialize newblock to 0")

Yes, I'm sorry for the trouble. Linus considered the whole original pull
request too intrusive for rc3 so I've just cherrypicked the easy standalone
fixes and sent a pull request for those. I've now rebased my for_next
branch on top of Linus' tree to get rid of the duplicates (nobody depends
on my tree and there's enough time before the merge window opens so it
should be fine). If there's a better process how to handle such situations,
please tell me.

								Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.com>