* Can create-spdx handle multiple components per recipe
@ 2023-02-14 20:27 Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2023-02-14 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OE-core

Team,

Thanks again for continuing to improve Yocto/OE.

I have a question about the capabilities of the create-spdx.bbclass.  I
understand it will can an sBOM entry for each recipe.

Can create-spdx.bbclass handle multiple components per recipe?  For
example, my bitbake recipe produces a web application which packages
many HTML components.  I would like to have the recipe included in the
SBOM together with the components which are packaged into the web
application files.  Is there a way to do that?

Specifically, the OpenBMC web application uses various NPM compoents to
provide it functionality in the end-user's browser.
Recipe:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/webui/webui-vue_git.bb

Project source: https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue/
NPM packages are specified here:
https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue/blob/master/package-lock.json
Package-lock docs:
https://docs.npmjs.com/cli/v9/configuring-npm/package-lock-json

I want my SBOM to include the webui-vue application together with each
of the NPM packages it uses.
  How can I do that?

Sincerely,
Joseph Reynolds