* Is kernel Bugzilla a good way to start?
@ 2016-12-22 16:21 Dennis Semakin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Dennis Semakin @ 2016-12-22 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Is kernel Bugzilla a good way to start?
@ 2016-12-22 16:30 ` Rik van Riel
       [not found] ` <9013.1482427538@turing-police.cc.vt.edu>
From: Rik van Riel @ 2016-12-22 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Thu, 2016-12-22 at 19:21 +0300, Dennis Semakin wrote:

> Hi everybody.?
> I just thought that may be it will be quicker to start to develop for
> kernel.

It can be, but one word of caution. ?Sometimes bugs
get fixed independently from the bug report, and the
bug described in the bug report may no longer be
happening in the current kernel.

It would be good to test the bugs people have filed,
to make sure they still exist, before trying to "fix
them again" :)

--
All rights reversed
* Is kernel Bugzilla a good way to start?
@ 2016-12-22 16:30 ` Peter Senna Tschudin
       [not found] ` <9013.1482427538@turing-police.cc.vt.edu>
From: Peter Senna Tschudin @ 2016-12-22 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

I would give http://eudyptula-challenge.org/ a try. Guess is the
fastest and coolest way to get started.

> Hi everybody.
> I just thought that may be it will be quicker to start to develop for
> kernel.
>
> --
> ?????????? ?? ?????????? ?????????? ??????.?????

Peter

* Is kernel Bugzilla a good way to start?
@ 2016-12-23  8:31   ` Dennis Semakin
From: Dennis Semakin @ 2016-12-23  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Ok, thanks. But actually I was confused and disappointed little bit when opened kernel bugzilla.
I found old and very old bugs and I don't suppose that they are actual.
As for education and understanding how kernel sub-systems works it could be very useful try to fix some of them.

@ 2016-12-23  8:36   ` Dennis Semakin
From: Dennis Semakin @ 2016-12-23  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Well... I'm already involved there. But there is no response over one month.
This situation reminds me that something similar has been happened with Eudyptula a couple months ago.
Moreover I think that their tasks are too easy, at least first 6 of them.

@ 2016-12-23  9:01   ` Dennis Semakin
From: Dennis Semakin @ 2016-12-23  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Thanks for such detailed information. Now I have a subject what I should think about.
And yes, I'll chose my own way :)