* two linux 2.6 kernels on two ppc405 (xupv2p) ?
@ 2008-12-12 16:13 sarah.ddff
From: sarah.ddff @ 2008-12-12 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

Hi all,
I want to implement a multiprocessor system managed by a linux kernel on the
xupv2p.
I knwo that there is no cache coherency between the two ppc405 cores.
Consequently,
SMP linux can not be used.
So the only solution is to install two linux kernels, each on a ppc
processor,
and to make them communicate with shared memory.
My questions are:
does someone succeed in doing this?
Is it possible to do this ?

thanks

* Re: two linux 2.6 kernels on two ppc405 (xupv2p) ?
@ 2008-12-13  1:29 ` Josh Boyer
From: Josh Boyer @ 2008-12-13  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sarah.ddff; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:13:26 -0800 (PST)
"sarah.ddff" <sarah.ddff@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I want to implement a multiprocessor system managed by a linux kernel on the
> xupv2p.
> I knwo that there is no cache coherency between the two ppc405 cores.
> Consequently,
> SMP linux can not be used.
> So the only solution is to install two linux kernels, each on a ppc
> processor,
> and to make them communicate with shared memory.
> My questions are:
> does someone succeed in doing this?
> Is it possible to do this ?

AMCC has created a dual-460GT board called Arches.  I have no idea how
it actually works because it faces the same issues a dual-405 board
would, but apparently someone must use it somewhere.

Basic Arches support is in the kernel, but it's only for a single
processor from what I can see.

josh