* Problems running image in qemu (x86)
@ 2017-08-26 13:09 Alex J Lennon
From: Alex J Lennon @ 2017-08-26 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto

Hi,

I'm bringing the Mono build up to date in the meta-mono layer and ran
into a problem with my testing.

I generally target QEMU, e.g. qemux86, build a core-image-sato based
Mono test image and run up with 'runqemu qemux86'

It's a remote build system so I am SSH'd in with VNC port forwarding and
I view the QEMU box running with a TightVNC client.

This has worked well for a long time, and still works fine with the
current krogoth branch.

I have just built against master though and am seeing screen corruption.

e.g. https://postimg.org/image/xjcdybdul

Can anybody tell me what's changed?

Thanks,

Alex

* Re: Problems running image in qemu (x86)
@ 2017-08-28  9:32 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2017-08-28  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex J Lennon; +Cc: yocto

Hi Alex,

On Sunday, 27 August 2017 1:09:49 AM NZST Alex J Lennon wrote:
> I'm bringing the Mono build up to date in the meta-mono layer and ran
> into a problem with my testing.
>
> I generally target QEMU, e.g. qemux86, build a core-image-sato based
> Mono test image and run up with 'runqemu qemux86'
>
> It's a remote build system so I am SSH'd in with VNC port forwarding and
> I view the QEMU box running with a TightVNC client.
>
> This has worked well for a long time, and still works fine with the
> current krogoth branch.
>
> I have just built against master though and am seeing screen corruption.
>
> e.g. https://postimg.org/image/xjcdybdul

Yuck :( Would you please file a bug for this? I'm aware we've upgraded qemu
recently (I assume this was with the 2.10-rc2 version currently in master?),
maybe that has something to do with it.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: Problems running image in qemu (x86)
@ 2017-08-28 12:57   ` Alex J Lennon
From: Alex J Lennon @ 2017-08-28 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: yocto

On 28/08/2017 10:32, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Sunday, 27 August 2017 1:09:49 AM NZST Alex J Lennon wrote:
>> I'm bringing the Mono build up to date in the meta-mono layer and ran
>> into a problem with my testing.
>>
>> I generally target QEMU, e.g. qemux86, build a core-image-sato based
>> Mono test image and run up with 'runqemu qemux86'
>>
>> It's a remote build system so I am SSH'd in with VNC port forwarding and
>> I view the QEMU box running with a TightVNC client.
>>
>> This has worked well for a long time, and still works fine with the
>> current krogoth branch.
>>
>> I have just built against master though and am seeing screen corruption.
>>
>> e.g. https://postimg.org/image/xjcdybdul
> Yuck :( Would you please file a bug for this? I'm aware we've upgraded qemu
> recently (I assume this was with the 2.10-rc2 version currently in master?),
> maybe that has something to do with it.

Will do Paul. (I don't suppose you're back over for ELC-E 2017 or FOSDEM
2018 by any chance?)

Cheers,

@ 2017-08-28 20:25     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2017-08-28 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex J Lennon; +Cc: yocto

On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 12:57:35 AM NZST Alex J Lennon wrote:
> On 28/08/2017 10:32, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > On Sunday, 27 August 2017 1:09:49 AM NZST Alex J Lennon wrote:
> >> I have just built against master though and am seeing screen corruption.
> >>
> >> e.g. https://postimg.org/image/xjcdybdul
> > Yuck :( Would you please file a bug for this? I'm aware we've upgraded qemu
> > recently (I assume this was with the 2.10-rc2 version currently in master?),
> > maybe that has something to do with it.
> >

> Will do Paul.

Thanks!

> (I don't suppose you're back over for ELC-E 2017 or FOSDEM
> 2018 by any chance?)

I'd love to be, but it's rather unlikely at this point unfortunately.

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2017-08-28 20:30       ` Alex Lennon
From: Alex Lennon @ 2017-08-28 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: yocto

On 28/08/2017 20:25, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 12:57:35 AM NZST Alex J Lennon wrote:

>>> Yuck :( Would you please file a bug for this? I'm aware we've upgraded qemu
>>> recently (I assume this was with the 2.10-rc2 version currently in master?),
>>> maybe that has something to do with it.
>>>
>> Will do Paul.
> Thanks!
>
>> (I don't suppose you're back over for ELC-E 2017 or FOSDEM
>> 2018 by any chance?)
> I'd love to be, but it's rather unlikely at this point unfortunately.

Shame. I'll leave a beer / coffee in the tap then...

Cheers, Alex