* Small query
@ 2015-03-24 10:44 Kallumari
From: Kallumari @ 2015-03-24 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

I am trying to update APN via my C code.

Procedure which I am following,

1.       Trying to de activate the context [ "Active" -> 0 ]

2.       Set APN property

3.       Activate the context ["Active" -> 1 ]

I am able to get the modem, get the context.
I am also able to set the APN via C code if the context is deactivated. Here context deactivation happened via python script under /test folder.
Deactivation via c code is not happening, sometimes even if I am trying to deactivate ofonod daemon is activating it.

Let me know if you can pin point at any mistake. Thanks.

Regards,
<Ram>

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 5073 bytes --]

* Re: Small query
@ 2015-03-24 14:01 ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2015-03-24 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Ram

On 03/24/2015 05:44 AM, Kallumari Nagaraja Rao, RammohanX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to update APN via my C code.
>
> Procedure which I am following,
>
> 1.Trying to de activate the context [ “Active” -> 0 ]
>
> 2.Set APN property
>
> 3.Activate the context [“Active” -> 1 ]
>
> I am able to get the modem, get the context.
>
> I am also able to set the APN via C code if the context is deactivated.
> Here context deactivation happened via python script under /test folder.
>
> Deactivation via c code is not happening, sometimes even if I am trying
> to deactivate ofonod daemon is activating it.

oFono only does what it is told.  Some other service must be activating
it.  ConnMan has logic in it to re-activate contexts in case of network
failures, etc.  You probably need to tell ConnMan not to do its thing
while you're messing with the settings.  Or set
org.ofono.ConnectionManager.Powered property to False.

> Let me know if you can pin point at any mistake. Thanks.

Regards,
-Denis

* RE: Small query
@ 2015-04-24  4:22 ` Kallumari
From: Kallumari @ 2015-04-24  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Background, I am using connman/ofono to control my network composed of wifi and cellular.

Initially I add a wifi interface using the following command,
iw phy phy0 interface add wlan1 type managed

after the ofonod daemon starts running, the daemon is removing the wlan1 interface.
I am not sure what could be the reason for this.

PFA the snap shot of the debug statements.

Regards,
Ram

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 4668 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: IMG_20150424_093929.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 1845569 bytes --]

* Re: Small query
@ 2015-04-24 15:15   ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2015-04-24 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono