* Security fixes in qemus in stable trees
@ 2016-05-10 18:31 Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2016-05-10 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, Stefano Stabellini, Anthony PERARD
  Cc: xen-devel, security, Andrew Cooper

I have:

 * Applied XSA-179, and in some cases some other missing patches
   including XSA-140, to all the qemu-xen-traditional branches
   back to 4.3.

 * Updated the qemu trad Config.mk tag to point to the new tip
   in xen.git#staging-4.3 to #staging-4.6 and #staging.

I see that the XSA-179 patches have been applied to all the maintained
branches in qemu-xen[-upstream].git.  I have therefore:

 * Updated the qemu upstream Config.mk tag to point to the new
   tip in xen.git#staging-4.3 to #staging-4.6.

In all cases the new QEMU* is a git commit id.

I have NOT updated xen.git#staging:Config.mk's QEMU_UPSTREAM_REVISION.
I think we may be waiting for qemu upstream staging to get a push to
master.  I'll leave that to the wisdom of the qemu-xen-upstream folks.

Thanks to Andrew for passing on the prompt from a user on #xen, and
for some helpful information and helpful git branches.

Ian.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-05-10 18:31 UTC | newest]