* NFS mount-api patches
@ 2018-06-01 13:38 David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2018-06-01 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steved, Anna.Schumaker, jumitche; +Cc: dhowells, linux-nfs, viro

Hi Steve, Anna,

Al pulled my mount API patches into his tree and fixed them up.  I've ported
my NFS mount-API patches on top of them, so they apply and build (at least
with my settings).  Do you have time now to have a poke at them to get them to
work?  (I'm a bit tight for time this afternoon, so I don't have time to test
them till next week)

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git/log/?h=nfs-mount-api

David

* Re: NFS mount-api patches
@ 2018-06-01 13:53 ` David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2018-06-01 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: dhowells, steved, Anna.Schumaker, jumitche, linux-nfs, viro

David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com> wrote:

> Al pulled my mount API patches into his tree and fixed them up.  I've ported
> my NFS mount-API patches on top of them, so they apply and build (at least
> with my settings).  Do you have time now to have a poke at them to get them to
> work?  (I'm a bit tight for time this afternoon, so I don't have time to test
> them till next week)

Oh - it needs to take an active ref on the superblock any time you assign to
fc->root where you didn't inherit one from sget_fc() or vfs_get_super():

	atomic_inc(&sb->s_active);

as this will be deactivated by put_fs_context() if ->root is set.

David