* libxc backport request
@ 2018-02-27 15:24 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2018-02-27 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Jackson; +Cc: xen-devel

Ian,

in the context of the migration related changes for Spectre v2 I think
it becomes necessary to backport

72efb1df62 tools/libxc: Avoid generating inappropriate zero-content records
f1a0a8c3fe tools/libxc: Fix restoration of PV MSRs after migrate

to applicable trees. The lack of the former is, afaict, at least part of
the reason why osstest's save/restore currently fails on 4.8.

Jan

* Re: libxc backport request
@ 2018-02-27 16:07 ` Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2018-02-27 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: xen-devel

Jan Beulich writes ("libxc backport request"):
> in the context of the migration related changes for Spectre v2 I think
> it becomes necessary to backport
>
> 72efb1df62 tools/libxc: Avoid generating inappropriate zero-content records
> f1a0a8c3fe tools/libxc: Fix restoration of PV MSRs after migrate
>
> to applicable trees. The lack of the former is, afaict, at least part of
> the reason why osstest's save/restore currently fails on 4.8.

Done.

Thanks,
Ian.