* Question regarding PCI/AER: Enable reporting for ports enumerated after AER driver registration
@ 2020-05-20 19:47 Thomas Tai
From: Thomas Tai @ 2020-05-20 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bhelgaas; +Cc: linux-pci, jonathan.derrick, subhan.mohammed

Hi Bjorn,
I have a question regarding "PCI/AER: Enable reporting for ports
enumerated after AER driver registration" hope that you don't mind
giving us some hints.

We found the patch mentioned in the following link fixes one of our
issues where a device's AER was not enable correctly.

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-pci/patch/1536085989-2956-1-git-send-email-jonathan.derrick@intel.com/

I am wondering that if you are going to upstream the patch?

Thank you,
Thomas

* Re: Question regarding PCI/AER: Enable reporting for ports enumerated after AER driver registration
@ 2020-05-20 20:09 ` Derrick, Jonathan
From: Derrick, Jonathan @ 2020-05-20 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas.tai, bhelgaas; +Cc: linux-pci, subhan.mohammed

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 15:47 -0400, Thomas Tai wrote:
> Hi Bjorn,
> I have a question regarding "PCI/AER: Enable reporting for ports
> enumerated after AER driver registration" hope that you don't mind
> giving us some hints.
>
> We found the patch mentioned in the following link fixes one of our
> issues where a device's AER was not enable correctly.
>
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-pci/patch/1536085989-2956-1-git-send-email-jonathan.derrick@intel.com/
>
> I am wondering that if you are going to upstream the patch?
>
> Thank you,
> Thomas

I suspect you could be seeing issues due to the firmware-first
dependencies. Your platform could be requiring FFS via HEST which is
affecting Native AER in non-ACPI domains.

There were some recent commits to converge FFS to _OSC only:
https://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=158834532728113&w=2

Could you try Bjorn's latest branch ?

There is also a DPC set for Native DPC which I will be resending soon:
https://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=158835454431698&w=2

* Re: Question regarding PCI/AER: Enable reporting for ports enumerated after AER driver registration
@ 2020-05-20 20:20   ` Thomas Tai
From: Thomas Tai @ 2020-05-20 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Derrick, Jonathan, bhelgaas; +Cc: linux-pci, subhan.mohammed

On 2020-05-20 4:09 p.m., Derrick, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 15:47 -0400, Thomas Tai wrote:
>> Hi Bjorn,
>> I have a question regarding "PCI/AER: Enable reporting for ports
>> enumerated after AER driver registration" hope that you don't mind
>> giving us some hints.
>>
>> We found the patch mentioned in the following link fixes one of our
>> issues where a device's AER was not enable correctly.
>>
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-pci/patch/1536085989-2956-1-git-send-email-jonathan.derrick@intel.com/
>>
>> I am wondering that if you are going to upstream the patch?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Thomas
>
> I suspect you could be seeing issues due to the firmware-first
> dependencies. Your platform could be requiring FFS via HEST which is
> affecting Native AER in non-ACPI domains.
>
> There were some recent commits to converge FFS to _OSC only:
> https://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=158834532728113&w=2

Hi Jonathan,
Thank you very much for your quick response, I will give that a try.

Thanks,
Thomas