* NOVELL
@ 2004-02-02 13:56 Nicolai Kuntze
From: Nicolai Kuntze @ 2004-02-02 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi,

can someone send me a well working example how to use Novell in the dosemu. At the moment I use DOS 5.0 / netx and I'd like to know if there are better realisations out there.

Yours,

Nicolai

----
Diese Nachricht wurde auf Viren und andere gefaehrliche Inhalte sowie Spam untersucht.

* Re: NOVELL
@ 2004-05-08  7:51   ` Nicolai Kuntze
From: Nicolai Kuntze @ 2004-05-08  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have changed to DOS 5.0 and lsl/vlm and it seems that my problems are solved. Only netx.exe seems to be very instable.

Yours,

Nicolai

@ 2004-05-07  1:35 ` Enrique Baraibar
From: Enrique Baraibar @ 2004-05-07  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2004-05-06 16:18   ` Ross Vandegrift
From: Ross Vandegrift @ 2004-05-06 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Oldeman; +Cc: Nicolai Kuntze, linux-msdos

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 03:13:38PM +0100, Bart Oldeman wrote:
> > I need help configuring ipx and dosemu to work together. At the moment I
> > am using dosemu 1.2.1 and DOS 3.3. After some time just stops working. I
> > belive a breakdown of my ipx connection is the reason. Has someone (
> > Bart? ) some suggestions which DOS-Version etc. I should use? It is very
> > importent for me getting this to work stable ...

I'm using Novell DR-DOS 7 with our dosemu installtion.  Things work
really well, so long as doxemu runs with root privledges.

Occasionally, strange things can kill IPX sessions, but they are very
rare in my environment and usually involve DOS crashing due to (for
example) oversized directories on the Novell server.

I haven't tried with any DOS besides DRDOS 7.  We use NETX as our client
driver, and again, I haven't tried VLM.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.

* Re: NOVELL
@ 2004-05-06 14:13 ` Bart Oldeman
From: Bart Oldeman @ 2004-05-06 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolai Kuntze; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Nicolai Kuntze wrote:

> I need help configuring ipx and dosemu to work together. At the moment I
> am using dosemu 1.2.1 and DOS 3.3. After some time just stops working. I
> belive a breakdown of my ipx connection is the reason. Has someone (
> Bart? ) some suggestions which DOS-Version etc. I should use? It is very
> importent for me getting this to work stable ...

I may know about DOSEMU internals, but know almost nothing about IPX and
have zero experience with it (other than being an ordinary user in a
student lab quite a few years ago now) -- in fact all that's in the
Novell-HOWTO was contributed by others.

Bart

* NOVELL
@ 2004-05-06 14:02 Nicolai Kuntze