* Re: 回复: [Xen ARM64] Save coredump log when xen/dom0 crash on ARM64?
       [not found] <tencent_C1F76837DF25C430969ABF6E4A557260AA0A@qq.com>
@ 2020-07-04 15:33 ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2020-07-04 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jinchen, xen-devel

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb18030; format=flowed, Size: 1285 bytes --]

Hi,

On 03/07/2020 07:02, jinchen wrote:
> Thank you for your reply!
>
> On 02/07/2020 02:41, jinchen wrote:
>  >> Hello xen experts:
>  >>
>  >> Is there any way to save xen and dom0 core dump log when xen or dom0
>  >> crash on ARM64 platform?
>
>  >Usually all the crash stack trace (Xen and Dom0) should be output on the
>  >Xen Console.
>
> But if I don't connect a debug serial and want to check the dump error
> after reboot?
If you don't have debug serial always connected, then it will not get
the logs.

>  >>0„2 0„2 0„2 I find that the kdump seems can't run on ARM64 platform?
>
>  >We don't have support for kdump/kexec on Arm in Xen yet.
>
> I find the kdump seems the appropriate way to do this, but it doesn't
> support xen arm64.
>
>  >>0„2 0„2 0„2 Are there any patches or other way to achive this goal?
>
>  >I am not aware of any patches, but they would be welcomed.
>
>  >For other way, it depends what exactly you expect. Do you need more than
>  >the stack trace?
>
> The stack trace will be ok, if other infomantion can be save will be
> better (like memory/vcpu/domain, etc.)

Kexec is probably the way to go. I would be happy to review the patches
for Xen upstream if you are up to provide an implementation.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-04 15:33 UTC | newest]