* DPDK 17.11 LTS
@ 2017-10-06 16:05 Mcnamara, John
From: Mcnamara, John @ 2017-10-06 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

At the recent DPDK 2017 Userspace in Dublin it was agreed that we should have a DPDK 17.11 LTS with 2 year support that would run in parallel with the DPDK 16.11 LTS.

However, if order for this to happen the community will have to provide a maintainer, either for 17.11 LTS or for 16.11 LTS (to allow Yuanhan to move from 16.11 LTS maintenance to 17.11 LTS maintenance).

Ideally this person should come from one of the OSVs. Either way if we don't get a volunteer we won't have a 17.11 LTS.

Volunteers please step forward.

John

* Re: DPDK 17.11 LTS
@ 2017-10-06 16:25 ` Luca Boccassi
From: Luca Boccassi @ 2017-10-06 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mcnamara, John, dev

On Fri, 2017-10-06 at 16:05 +0000, Mcnamara, John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the recent DPDK 2017 Userspace in Dublin it was agreed that we
> should have a DPDK 17.11 LTS with 2 year support that would run in
> parallel with the DPDK 16.11 LTS.
>
> However, if order for this to happen the community will have to
> provide a maintainer, either for 17.11 LTS or for 16.11 LTS (to allow
> Yuanhan to move from 16.11 LTS maintenance to 17.11 LTS maintenance).
>
> Ideally this person should come from one of the OSVs. Either way if
> we don't get a volunteer we won't have a 17.11 LTS.
>
> Volunteers please step forward.
>
> John

Hello John,

I was just about to write you :-)

I am available to volunteer. I've just got permission from AT&T
management to dedicate some working hours every week to the project
(this is the reason why I didn't say anything on the spot - I needed to
ask first due to the time requirements).

I am fine with either 16.11 or 17.11, whichever Yuanhan prefers.

Thanks!

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

* Re: DPDK 17.11 LTS
@ 2017-10-06 17:12   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-10-06 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Boccassi, yliu; +Cc: dev, Mcnamara, John

06/10/2017 18:25, Luca Boccassi:
> On Fri, 2017-10-06 at 16:05 +0000, Mcnamara, John wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > At the recent DPDK 2017 Userspace in Dublin it was agreed that we
> > should have a DPDK 17.11 LTS with 2 year support that would run in
> > parallel with the DPDK 16.11 LTS.
> >
> > However, if order for this to happen the community will have to
> > provide a maintainer, either for 17.11 LTS or for 16.11 LTS (to allow
> > Yuanhan to move from 16.11 LTS maintenance to 17.11 LTS maintenance).
> >
> > Ideally this person should come from one of the OSVs. Either way if
> > we don't get a volunteer we won't have a 17.11 LTS.
> >
> > Volunteers please step forward.
> >
> > John
>
> Hello John,
>
> I was just about to write you :-)
>
> I am available to volunteer. I've just got permission from AT&T
> management to dedicate some working hours every week to the project
> (this is the reason why I didn't say anything on the spot - I needed to
> ask first due to the time requirements).
>
> I am fine with either 16.11 or 17.11, whichever Yuanhan prefers.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks a lot Luca, and welcome :)
You will have to send me a public SSH key.

Yuanhan, how do you prefer to split the workload?

* Re: DPDK 17.11 LTS
@ 2017-10-09  1:44     ` Yuanhan Liu
From: Yuanhan Liu @ 2017-10-09  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: Luca Boccassi, dev, Mcnamara, John

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 07:12:45PM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 06/10/2017 18:25, Luca Boccassi:
> > On Fri, 2017-10-06 at 16:05 +0000, Mcnamara, John wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > At the recent DPDK 2017 Userspace in Dublin it was agreed that we
> > > should have a DPDK 17.11 LTS with 2 year support that would run in
> > > parallel with the DPDK 16.11 LTS.
> > >
> > > However, if order for this to happen the community will have to
> > > provide a maintainer, either for 17.11 LTS or for 16.11 LTS (to allow
> > > Yuanhan to move from 16.11 LTS maintenance to 17.11 LTS maintenance).
> > >
> > > Ideally this person should come from one of the OSVs. Either way if
> > > we don't get a volunteer we won't have a 17.11 LTS.
> > >
> > > Volunteers please step forward.
> > >
> > > John
> >
> > Hello John,
> >
> > I was just about to write you :-)
> >
> > I am available to volunteer. I've just got permission from AT&T
> > management to dedicate some working hours every week to the project
> > (this is the reason why I didn't say anything on the spot - I needed to
> > ask first due to the time requirements).
> >
> > I am fine with either 16.11 or 17.11, whichever Yuanhan prefers.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Thanks a lot Luca, and welcome :)

+1 :)

> You will have to send me a public SSH key.

And we may should have a short chat, about the scripts I used for managing
the stable/LTS releases.

> Yuanhan, how do you prefer to split the workload?

I'd prefer 17.11.

Thanks.

	--yliu

* Re: DPDK 17.11 LTS
@ 2017-10-09  7:49       ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-10-09  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuanhan Liu, Luca Boccassi; +Cc: dev, Mcnamara, John

09/10/2017 03:44, Yuanhan Liu:
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 07:12:45PM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:

> > > Hello John,
> > >
> > > I was just about to write you :-)
> > >
> > > I am available to volunteer. I've just got permission from AT&T
> > > management to dedicate some working hours every week to the project
> > > (this is the reason why I didn't say anything on the spot - I needed to
> > > ask first due to the time requirements).
> > >
> > > I am fine with either 16.11 or 17.11, whichever Yuanhan prefers.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Thanks a lot Luca, and welcome :)
>
> +1 :)
>
> > You will have to send me a public SSH key.
>
> And we may should have a short chat, about the scripts I used for managing
> the stable/LTS releases.
>
> > Yuanhan, how do you prefer to split the workload?
>
> I'd prefer 17.11.
>
> Thanks.

You mean that you are interested in managing 17.11 LTS yourself?
So Luca would become the new maintainer of 16.11 LTS?

Handshake?

* Re: DPDK 17.11 LTS
@ 2017-10-09  8:01         ` Yuanhan Liu
From: Yuanhan Liu @ 2017-10-09  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: Luca Boccassi, dev, Mcnamara, John

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 09:49:27AM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 09/10/2017 03:44, Yuanhan Liu:
> > On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 07:12:45PM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> > > 06/10/2017 18:25, Luca Boccassi:

> > > Thanks a lot Luca, and welcome :)
> >
> > +1 :)
> >
> > > You will have to send me a public SSH key.
> >
> > And we may should have a short chat, about the scripts I used for managing
> > the stable/LTS releases.
> >
> > > Yuanhan, how do you prefer to split the workload?
> >
> > I'd prefer 17.11.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> You mean that you are interested in managing 17.11 LTS yourself?
> So Luca would become the new maintainer of 16.11 LTS?

Yes. Luca, okay to you?

> Handshake?

* Re: DPDK 17.11 LTS
@ 2017-10-09  9:43           ` Luca Boccassi
From: Luca Boccassi @ 2017-10-09  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuanhan Liu, Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev, Mcnamara, John

On Mon, 2017-10-09 at 16:01 +0800, Yuanhan Liu wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 09:49:27AM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:

> > > +1 :)

> > > And we may should have a short chat, about the scripts I used for
> > > managing
> > > the stable/LTS releases.

> > > I'd prefer 17.11.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > You mean that you are interested in managing 17.11 LTS yourself?
> > So Luca would become the new maintainer of 16.11 LTS?
>
> Yes. Luca, okay to you?

Deal :-)

I'll unicast you later today with a few questions, and we can chat
about the scripts you use and everything else.

Thanks!

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi