* How to connect remotely with Git machine
@ 2009-06-08  9:30 stpl_nk
From: stpl_nk @ 2009-06-08  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello all ,
I am new in using Git . I have a small network , all the machine in LAN . I
install Git in my windows machine (Windows XP sp2) in a central location .
Now how to connect other hosts to central windows machine with the help of
Git .

Thanks .

* Re: How to connect remotely with Git machine
@ 2009-06-08 15:25 ` Eric Raible
From: Eric Raible @ 2009-06-08 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

stpl_nk <nkjha <at> systematixtechnocrates.com> writes:

> Hello all ,
> I am new in using Git . I have a small network , all the machine in LAN . I
> install Git in my windows machine (Windows XP sp2) in a central location .
> Now how to connect other hosts to central windows machine with the help of
> Git .
>
> Thanks .

We have a similar situation at $dayjob.
Each developer who is ot use git installs it locally.
Each developer has their own local repo.
The shared (bare) repo is on a network drive, and that drive is mapped:

c:> net use g: \\server1\Engineering

Then individual developers can clone do something like this from bash:

$ git clone file://g:/path/to/repo/on/G

The only real hitch is that (in the largest single fustercluck
or all time) windows likes using backslash as a path separator.

But mapping the network drive to a drive letter allows you to avoid
almost all of the pain.

- Eric