* [Xenomai] rtdm_socket() error -97 for sending UDP or RAW packets
@ 2016-04-29 13:45 Umair Ali
From: Umair Ali @ 2016-04-29 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello there,

I am working to make a module which will uses the Rtnet module to send the UDP or RAW pakets. My aim is to use the interface 'rteth0' in kernel space same like in userspace. Therefore I think I should create the socket and then using the created socket link the interface rteth0 with it. But when I use the function 'rtdm_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_RAW,0)' or 'rtdm_socket(PF_PACKET, SOCK_RAW,0)' or 'rtdm_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM,0)' or anything with available options i.e also with sock_stream. I got the error -97. Which I have looked in google means the family of protocol is not supported. Please tell me if it is possible to send the UDP packets from the kernel space using interface rteth0 and socket or not. Can u guide me how I can solve the error -97. Thanks in advance

Regards
Ali

* Re: [Xenomai] rtdm_socket() error -97 for sending UDP or RAW packets
@ 2016-04-29 20:06 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2016-04-29 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Umair Ali; +Cc: xenomai

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 01:45:53PM +0000, Umair Ali wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I am working to make a module which will uses the Rtnet module to
> send the UDP or RAW pakets. My aim is to use the interface
> 'rteth0' in kernel space same like in userspace. Therefore I think
> I should create the socket and then using the created socket link
> the interface rteth0 with it. But when I use the function
> 'rtdm_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_RAW,0)' or 'rtdm_socket(PF_PACKET,
> SOCK_RAW,0)' or 'rtdm_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM,0)' or anything
> with available options i.e also with sock_stream. I got the error
> -97. Which I have looked in google means the family of protocol is
> not supported. Please tell me if it is possible to send the UDP
> packets from the kernel space using interface rteth0 and socket or
> not. Can u guide me how I can solve the error -97. Thanks in
> advance

Sorry, no, I never used RTnet interface in kernel-space. I seem to
recall not all functions may be called from all contexts (for
instance, calling socket may work from the init module, but not from
a real-time thread or vice versa), but apart from that, I have no
clue. The best answer at this point would be "use the source, Luke".

Regards.

--
					    Gilles.
https://click-hack.org

* Re: [Xenomai] rtdm_socket() error -97 for sending UDP or RAW packets
@ 2016-05-02 10:19   ` Umair Ali
From: Umair Ali @ 2016-05-02 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gilles Chanteperdrix; +Cc: xenomai

To be clear: From real time thread you mean the thread in userspace. And from the sources you mean the configuration options of the Rtnet when installing the Xenmai or do u mean that if the UDP module of the Rtnet is loaded or not. Please guide me.

Thanks
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2016-05-02 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Umair Ali; +Cc: xenomai

@ 2016-05-02 10:01 Umair Ali