* disable v4l2-ctl logging --log-status in /var/log/messages
@ 2009-03-12  9:14 Gregor Fuis
From: Gregor Fuis @ 2009-03-12  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media, video4linux-list

Hello,

Is it possible to disable v4l2-ctl application logging into
/var/log/messages.
I am using it to control and monitor my PVR 150 cards and every time I run
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --log-status all output is logged into
/var/log/messages and some other linux log files.

Best Regards,
Gregor

* disable v4l2-ctl logging --log-status in /var/log/messages
@ 2009-03-12  9:24 Gregor Fuis
From: Gregor Fuis @ 2009-03-12  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hello,

Is it possible to disable v4l2-ctl aplication logging into /var/log/messages.
I am using it to control and monitor my PVR 150 cards and every time I
run v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --log-status all output is logged into
/var/log/messages and some other linux log files.

Best Regards,
Gregor

* Re: disable v4l2-ctl logging --log-status in /var/log/messages
@ 2009-03-12  9:28 Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2009-03-12  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregor Fuis; +Cc: linux-media

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to disable v4l2-ctl aplication logging into
> /var/log/messages.
> I am using it to control and monitor my PVR 150 cards and every time I
> run v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --log-status all output is logged into
> /var/log/messages and some other linux log files.

All --log-status does is to tell the driver to show it's status in the
kernel log for debugging purposes. It cannot and should not be relied upon
for monitoring/controlling a driver.

What do you need it for anyway?

Regards,

        Hans