* Public xenomai testing infrastructure
@ 2020-03-05 13:41 Gylstorff Quirin
From: Gylstorff Quirin @ 2020-03-05 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai, Kiszka, Jan (CT RDA IOT SES-DE), greg

Hi all,

As Jan mentioned in some post we have a CI infrastructure[1]
- currently only internal available - based on gitlab & LAVA[2].
  We plan to create a public version of this infrastructure.

The setup will similar to the testing in CIP project[3]. The results
of a build are transferred via a public LAVA master to private instances
of LAVA workers to the device-under-test and executed and the result
displayed on the LAVA master.

We intend to use xenomai-images to build  kernel,root file system and
xenomai.

The CI infrastructure will have the following components:
- Public/Private Builds with gitlab, travis or similar
- Public Lava Master (scheduling of test and display of results)
- Private Lava worker connect to Hardware targets

Current open topics for the CI Infrastructure
- where to execute the public builds?
   - gitlab oss program[4]
     - can we run builds of xenomai-image
   - travis
   - somewhere else
- Where to store the build artifacts?
   - AWS buckets
   - locally on the Master
- How long to store the build artifacts?
   - 1 week
- Where to run the public Lava Master?
   - AWS or similar instance
     - Payment of the instance
   - Physical Server
     - Who can host the server

[1]:
https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images/blob/master/tests/README.md#test-architecture
[2]: https://lavasoftware.org/
[3]:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting/centalisedtesting
[4]:
https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/community-relations/opensource-program/

Quirin
---
Quirin Gylstorff

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Research in Digitalization and Automation
Smart Embedded Systems
CT RDA IOT SES-DE
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Muenchen, Germany
Mobile: +49 173 3746683
mailto:quirin.gylstorff@siemens.com
www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim
Hagemann Snabe; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and
Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich,
Cedrik Neike, Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin
and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB
12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

-------------- next part --------------

    +---------------+
    |               |
    |  Buildsystem  |
    |     (gitlab)  |----
    |               |    \-----    +---------+
    +---------------+          \---|         |
                \                  | Storage |
                 \                 | Build   |
                  \                | results |
                   \               |         |
                   |               +---------+
                    \                   \
                     \                   \
               +-------------+            \-
               |             |              \
               | LAVA Master |               \
               |             |            +---------------------+
               |             |------------|  LAVA Worker        |
               |             |            |                     |
               +-------------+            +-+-------+---------+-+
                                            |       |         |
                                          +-+-+  +--+---+  +--+--+
                                          | D |  | DUT  |  | DUT |
                                          | U |  |      |  |     |
                                          | T |  |      |  |     |
                                          +---+  +------+  +-----+

* Re: Public xenomai testing infrastructure
@ 2020-03-05 13:51 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-03-05 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gylstorff Quirin, xenomai, greg

On 05.03.20 14:41, Gylstorff Quirin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As Jan mentioned in some post we have a CI infrastructure[1]
> - currently only internal available - based on gitlab & LAVA[2].
>   We plan to create a public version of this infrastructure.
>
> The setup will similar to the testing in CIP project[3]. The results
> of a build are transferred via a public LAVA master to private instances
> of LAVA workers to the device-under-test and executed and the result
> displayed on the LAVA master.
>
> We intend to use xenomai-images to build  kernel,root file system and
> xenomai.
>
> The CI infrastructure will have the following components:
> - Public/Private Builds with gitlab, travis or similar
> - Public Lava Master (scheduling of test and display of results)
> - Private Lava worker connect to Hardware targets
>
> Current open topics for the CI Infrastructure
> - where to execute the public builds?
>    - gitlab oss program[4]
>      - can we run builds of xenomai-image
>    - travis
        (then paid, we won't scale as free project)

      - AWS, like we do in the CIP project via
        https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/gitlab-cloud-ci

>    - somewhere else
> - Where to store the build artifacts?
>    - AWS buckets
>    - locally on the Master

You mean the Lava Master, I suppose.

> - How long to store the build artifacts?
>    - 1 week

- until overwritten by a newer version - unfortunately not a feature of
   gitlab artifacts

> - Where to run the public Lava Master?
>    - AWS or similar instance
>      - Payment of the instance
>    - Physical Server
>      - Who can host the server
>

> [1]:
> https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images/blob/master/tests/README.md#test-architecture
>
> [2]: https://lavasoftware.org/
> [3]:
> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting/centalisedtesting
>
> [4]:
> https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/community-relations/opensource-program/
>

> Quirin
> ---
> Quirin Gylstorff
>
> Siemens AG
> Corporate Technology
> Research in Digitalization and Automation
> Smart Embedded Systems
> CT RDA IOT SES-DE
> Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
> 81739 Muenchen, Germany
> Mobile: +49 173 3746683
> mailto:quirin.gylstorff@siemens.com
> www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife
>
> Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim
> Hagemann Snabe; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and
> Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich,
> Cedrik Neike, Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin
> and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB
> 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

Thanks for this overview, Quirin!

Jan

* Re: Public xenomai testing infrastructure
@ 2020-03-06 13:05   ` Gylstorff Quirin
From: Gylstorff Quirin @ 2020-03-06 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka, xenomai, greg

On 3/5/20 2:51 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 05.03.20 14:41, Gylstorff Quirin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As Jan mentioned in some post we have a CI infrastructure[1]
>> - currently only internal available - based on gitlab & LAVA[2].
>>   We plan to create a public version of this infrastructure.
>>
>> The setup will similar to the testing in CIP project[3]. The results
>> of a build are transferred via a public LAVA master to private
>> instances of LAVA workers to the device-under-test and executed and
>> the result displayed on the LAVA master.
>>
>> We intend to use xenomai-images to build  kernel,root file system and
>> xenomai.
>>
>> The CI infrastructure will have the following components:
>> - Public/Private Builds with gitlab, travis or similar
>> - Public Lava Master (scheduling of test and display of results)
>> - Private Lava worker connect to Hardware targets
>>
>> Current open topics for the CI Infrastructure
>> - where to execute the public builds?
>>    - gitlab oss program[4]
>>      - can we run builds of xenomai-image
>>    - travis
>         (then paid, we won't scale as free project)
>
>       - AWS, like we do in the CIP project via
>         https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/gitlab-cloud-ci
>
>>    - somewhere else
>> - Where to store the build artifacts?
>>    - AWS buckets
>>    - locally on the Master
>
> You mean the Lava Master, I suppose.
>
>> - How long to store the build artifacts?
>>    - 1 week
>
> - until overwritten by a newer version - unfortunately not a feature of
>    gitlab artifacts
>
>> - Where to run the public Lava Master?
>>    - AWS or similar instance
>>      - Payment of the instance
>>    - Physical Server
>>      - Who can host the server
>>

>> [1]:
>> https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images/blob/master/tests/README.md#test-architecture
>>
>> [2]: https://lavasoftware.org/
>> [3]:
>> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting/centalisedtesting
>>
>> [4]:
>> https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/community-relations/opensource-program/

I tested xenomai-images with in my gitlab account and it work  - slowly ;-)

You can check out the build:
https://gitlab.com/Quirin.Gy/xenomai-images-test/pipelines/123917771

Next test would be to store the results as artifacts.

Quirin

* Re: Public xenomai testing infrastructure
@ 2020-04-17  7:41     ` Gylstorff Quirin
From: Gylstorff Quirin @ 2020-04-17  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi all,

I had some time at hand and this how a public run of the xenomai test
infrastructure could look like:

https://gitlab.com/Quirin.Gy/xenomai-images-test/pipelines/136863923

Best regards
Quirin

--
Quirin Gylstorff

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Research in Digitalization and Automation
Smart Embedded Systems
CT RDA IOT SES-DE
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Muenchen, Germany
Mobile: +49 173 3746683
mailto:quirin.gylstorff@siemens.com
www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim
Hagemann Snabe; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and
Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich,
Cedrik Neike, Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin
and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB
12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment thereof contain
corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and
its attachments from your system. Thank you.