* Setting up KGDB environment on MIPS Processor.
@ 2010-03-30  7:12 Prabhu Chawandi
From: Prabhu Chawandi @ 2010-03-30  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-serial, linux-kernel, linux-mips

Hi All,

 I am trying to settup the  KGDB settup, for my STB  BRCM board.

I have 3 UARTS -0,1,2 --

Boot the kdb enabled kernel.. but not able to get the  --- gdb wait message --

I am setting up an environment for kernel debugging on my MIPS based
processor. In whatever document I read there I could get deatails of
debugging a PC but not the embedded board.
Still i tried to start session which was unsuccessful.

Configs enabled: CONFIG_KGDB=y
CONFIG_KGDB_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_KGDB_8250_NOMODULE=y
CONFIG_SYS_SUPPORTS_KGDB=y

and I can see the change in size of the vmlinux.

while booting I have given command parameters :

boot -z -elf <vmlinuz path> "kgdb8250=1 115200" kgdbwait ------

but my kernel is not waiting for remote gdb to wait for the connection.

Am I missing anything ?

Help me to set it up ...

I had put pritnks I am getting

 KGDB :  kgdb_late_entry ..
 KGDB: kgdb_arch_init .....
KDGB: kgdb_internal_init ....
 KGDB: Setting kgdb_initialized ..

but normally going to login prompt ...

when  I press ^C -- Breakpoint is catched -- then everyting come to halt ..

Thanks
prabhu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-03-30  7:12 UTC | newest]