* Planned osstest outage, around 17th August
@ 2020-08-12 14:30 Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2020-08-12 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: committers; +Cc: xen-devel

osstest's infrastructure hosts need upgrading to Debian "buster" (aka
Debian "stable").  We are planning to do this on Monday the 17th of
August.

This will involve telling osstest to start draining its queues some
time around the 15th of August.  If all goes well, it will be back in
operation late on the 17th.  But it is possible that difficulties will
arise, in which case it might be out of operation, or operating in a
degraded way, for perhaps the rest of that week.

Please let me know if you think this is a bad time.

Ian.

* Re: Planned osstest outage, around 17th August
@ 2020-08-14 16:55 ` Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2020-08-14 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: committers, xen-devel

Ian Jackson writes ("Planned osstest outage, around 17th August"):
> osstest's infrastructure hosts need upgrading to Debian "buster" (aka
> Debian "stable").  We are planning to do this on Monday the 17th of
> August.
>
> This will involve telling osstest to start draining its queues some
> time around the 15th of August.  If all goes well, it will be back in
> operation late on the 17th.  But it is possible that difficulties will
> arise, in which case it might be out of operation, or operating in a
> degraded way, for perhaps the rest of that week.
>
> Please let me know if you think this is a bad time.

I have dropped stop files which means that osstest will not pick up
new work until service is (hopefully!) restored on Monday.

@ 2020-08-17 17:16   ` Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2020-08-17 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: committers, xen-devel

Ian Jackson writes ("Planned osstest outage, around 17th August"):
> osstest's infrastructure hosts need upgrading to Debian "buster" (aka
> Debian "stable").  We are planning to do this on Monday the 17th of
> August.
>
> This will involve telling osstest to start draining its queues some
> time around the 15th of August.  If all goes well, it will be back in
> operation late on the 17th.  But it is possible that difficulties will
> arise, in which case it might be out of operation, or operating in a
> degraded way, for perhaps the rest of that week.

Some of the upgrades have encountered difficulties.  Nothing
insurmountable, but it is taking longer than expected.  We hope to be
done some time tomorrow.  In the meantime osstest is still offline.

Thanks,

@ 2020-08-18 17:15     ` Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2020-08-18 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: committers, xen-devel

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: Planned osstest outage, around 17th August"):
> Some of the upgrades have encountered difficulties.  Nothing
> insurmountable, but it is taking longer than expected.  We hope to be
> done some time tomorrow.  In the meantime osstest is still offline.

Unfortunately we are still having slight difficulties and I can't put
it all properly back into service just yet.

@ 2020-08-19  8:57       ` Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2020-08-19  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: committers, xen-devel

The upgrades are now done and I have just restarted osstest.

There are still some loose ends but I think we should be able to deal
with them without another big outage.

Thanks,
Ian.