* direct frame buffer application
@ 2007-03-15 10:20 krishna priya
From: krishna priya @ 2007-03-15 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev-devel

Hi everybody

This is priya working on linux-2.6.12 kernel on omapldk5912 board.I am
trying load direct librraies on ldk board using 2.6.12 kernel.I am able to
load the libraries successfully  but i am not able to run the Direct Frame
buffer application with the libraries.that application is direclty entering
in to Error messages that the driver is not opening for this
application.That means the frame buffer driver itself is not initializing
for this application.

Version of DirectFB-0.9.20

Any one can suggest me how to use the frame buffer driver to run the
directFB application using  /dev/fb0 device.

--
Thanks
Krishna Priya

* Re: direct frame buffer application
@ 2007-03-17 20:35 rami jiossy
From: rami jiossy @ 2007-03-17 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fbdev-devel; +Cc: priyark1

It depends what are the errors you get!

Do you have the device file /dev/fb0?
have you tried using the kernel commad parameter   vga={video_mode}  on boot?
can you try other application using directfb and see if its working? maybe vlc with --vout=directfb commmand line.

Thanks
Rami

This is priya working on linux-2.6.12 kernel on omapldk5912 board.I am trying load direct librraies on ldk board using 2.6.12 kernel.I am able to load the libraries successfully  but i am not able to run the Direct Frame buffer application with the libraries.that application is direclty entering in to Error messages that the driver is not opening for this application.That means the frame buffer driver itself is not initializing for this application.

Version of DirectFB-0.9.20

Any one can suggest me how to use the frame buffer driver to run the directFB application using  /dev/fb0 device.

--
Thanks
Krishna Priya

TV dinner still cooling?