* It's been fun
@ 2019-10-21 20:34 Ed Tanous
                   ` (8 more replies)
From: Ed Tanous @ 2019-10-21 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

All,

This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.

You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.

Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
have done for me over the last couple years.

Until we meet again,

-Ed

* Re: It's been fun
@ 2019-10-21 20:40 ` Patrick Venture
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Patrick Venture @ 2019-10-21 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous; +Cc: openbmc

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:34 PM Ed Tanous <ed.tanous@intel.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
> else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
> from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.
>
> You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
> several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
> number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
> going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
> maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
> those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
> pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.
>
> Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
> have done for me over the last couple years.

It's been swell, good luck!

> Until we meet again,
>
> -Ed

* Re: It's been fun
@ 2019-10-21 20:49   ` Nancy Yuen
From: Nancy Yuen @ 2019-10-21 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Venture; +Cc: Ed Tanous, openbmc

Good luck Ed!
----------
Nancy

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:41 PM Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:34 PM Ed Tanous <ed.tanous@intel.com> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >
> > This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
> > else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
> > from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.
> >
> > You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
> > several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
> > number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
> > going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
> > maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
> > those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
> > pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.
> >
> > Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
> > have done for me over the last couple years.
>
> It's been swell, good luck!
>

> > Until we meet again,
> >
> > -Ed

* Re: It's been fun
@ 2019-10-21 21:42     ` Emily Shaffer
From: Emily Shaffer @ 2019-10-21 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nancy Yuen; +Cc: Patrick Venture, OpenBMC Maillist, Ed Tanous

Good luck on your next adventure Ed! It was great working with you.

Emily

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019, 1:50 PM Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com> wrote:

> Good luck Ed!
> ----------
> Nancy
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:41 PM Patrick Venture <venture@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:34 PM Ed Tanous <ed.tanous@intel.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > All,
>> >
>> > This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
>> > else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
>> > from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.
>> >
>> > You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
>> > several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
>> > number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
>> > going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
>> > maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
>> > those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
>> > pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.
>> >
>> > Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
>> > have done for me over the last couple years.
>>
>> It's been swell, good luck!
>>

>> > Until we meet again,
>> >
>> > -Ed

* Re: It's been fun
@ 2019-10-21 22:30 ` Vijay Khemka
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-10-21 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous, openbmc

Good luck Ed, It was really great working with you.
I am sure we will cross again.

On 10/21/19, 1:35 PM, "openbmc on behalf of Ed Tanous" <openbmc-bounces+vijaykhemka=fb.com@lists.ozlabs.org on behalf of ed.tanous@intel.com> wrote:

[...]

@ 2019-10-22  5:08 ` Manojkiran Eda
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Manojkiran Eda @ 2019-10-22  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ed.tanous; +Cc: openbmc

* Re: It's been fun
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-10-22  5:30 ` Santosh Puranik
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Santosh Puranik @ 2019-10-22  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous, openbmc

Hi Ed,
It was great interacting with you on gerrit and IRC. Always learnt
something new.
I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
--
Santosh
On 22/10/19 2:04 am, Ed Tanous wrote:
> All,
>
> This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
> else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
> from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.
>
> You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
> several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
> number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
> going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
> maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
> those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
> pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.
>
> Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
> have done for me over the last couple years.
>
> Until we meet again,
>
> -Ed

* Re:  It's been fun
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-10-22  7:16 ` Sivas Srr
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Sivas Srr @ 2019-10-22  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ed.tanous; +Cc: openbmc

* Re: It's been fun
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-10-22  9:33 ` Ratan Gupta
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ratan Gupta @ 2019-10-22  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi Ed,

It was great working with you, always learnt something new from you.
Good luck for your future endeavors.

Ratan
On 22/10/19 2:04 AM, Ed Tanous wrote:
> All,
>
> This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
> else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
> from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.
>
> You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
> several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
> number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
> going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
> maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
> those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
> pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.
>
> Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
> have done for me over the last couple years.
>
> Until we meet again,
>
> -Ed

* Re: It's been fun
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-10-22  9:42 ` Alexander Amelkin
From: Alexander Amelkin @ 2019-10-22  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous, openbmc

I wish you all the best, Ed.

It's been a pleasure working with you. The industry is actually small, a lot
smaller than our small world, so I'm sure we'll cross again sometime.

Farewell!

With best regards,
Alexander Amelkin

21.10.2019 23:34, Ed Tanous wrote:
> All,
>
> This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
> else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
> from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.
>
> You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
> several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
> number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
> going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
> maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
> those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
> pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.
>
> Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
> have done for me over the last couple years.
>
> Until we meet again,
>
> -Ed

* Re: It's been fun
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-10-24 16:15 ` Shawn McCarney
From: Shawn McCarney @ 2019-10-24 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous, openbmc

It's been great working with you Ed.  Will miss your wisdom around here.

Shawn

On 10/21/2019 3:34 PM, Ed Tanous wrote:
> All,
>
> This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
> else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
> from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.
>
> You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
> several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
> number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
> going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
> maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
> those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
> pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.
>
> Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
> have done for me over the last couple years.
>
> Until we meet again,
>
> -Ed

* Re: It's been fun
@ 2019-10-24 17:28   ` Kun Yi
From: Kun Yi @ 2019-10-24 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shawn McCarney; +Cc: Ed Tanous, openbmc

Ed, it has been great working with you. Wish you the best of luck!

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 9:17 AM Shawn McCarney <shawnmm@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
wrote:

> It's been great working with you Ed.  Will miss your wisdom around here.
>
> Shawn
>
> On 10/21/2019 3:34 PM, Ed Tanous wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
> > else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
> > from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.
> >
> > You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
> > several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
> > number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
> > going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
> > maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
> > those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
> > pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.
> >
> > Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
> > have done for me over the last couple years.
> >
> > Until we meet again,
> >
> > -Ed

Kun

* Re: It's been fun
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-10-25 13:07 ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2019-10-25 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous, ed; +Cc: openbmc

> On Oct 21, 2019, at 4:34 PM, Ed Tanous <ed.tanous@intel.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> This week will be my last week at Intel.  I'll be moving onto something
> else non-OpenBMC related for a bit;  While I may check in on the project
> from time to time, it's going to stop being my day job.
>
> You'll still be able to reach me at my other email, ed@tanous.net, and
> several key people across the project including the TSC have my cell
> number if there's some unknown OpenBMC "emergency", but I doubt that's
> going to be needed.  Functionally, I've made sure that every repo I
> maintain has backup maintainers, so as of the 25th, it will fall to
> those individuals to do new reviews for those individual repos.  I'll be
> pushing updates to the MAINTAINERS files shortly to that effect.
>
> Thanks you for all the patches, ideas, reviews, and merges that others
> have done for me over the last couple years.
>
> Until we meet again,
>
> -Ed

Ed!

I’m sure there were times it did not seem like it :-) but I’ve always valued your skill and insight.  You have been a leader to the OpenBMC community and your contribution will definitely be missed!

good luck!

-brad