* Re: Missing shutdown.exe in win2k3 R2 Datacentre Guest under ssh
       [not found] <1778020529.1376371244291326525.JavaMail.root@zmail05.collab.prod.int.phx2.redhat.com>
@ 2009-06-06 12:37 ` Michael Goldish
From: Michael Goldish @ 2009-06-06 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sudhir kumar
  Cc: Uri Lublin, David Huff, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues, Ryan Harper, kvm-devel

Try running cmd.exe (both under SSH and directly) and try running shutdown.exe there.
If that works, the problem is probably somewhere in the Cygwin configuration, so it might help to try an SSH server that doesn't use Cygwin.
(We're currently considering the option of writing our own simple remote command shell server because we've had various problems with Cygwin and other SSH servers.)

Note that it's possible to test guests without shutdown.exe in KVM-Autotest -- Win2000 doesn't have shutdown.exe so we don't run the reboot test on it. But obviously it's much better to have it.

From: sudhir kumar @ 2009-07-08  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Goldish
  Cc: Uri Lublin, David Huff, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues, Ryan Harper, kvm-devel

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Michael Goldish<mgoldish@redhat.com> wrote:
> Try running cmd.exe (both under SSH and directly) and try running shutdown.exe there.
It does not work. I think there is something wrong with the environment.
> If that works, the problem is probably somewhere in the Cygwin configuration, so it might help to try an SSH server that doesn't use Cygwin.
So not sure if that is the issue with Cygwin. May be windows security
be the reason here?

> (We're currently considering the option of writing our own simple remote command shell server because we've had various problems with Cygwin and other SSH servers.)
What is the update on it. I would love to test one if any.

> Note that it's possible to test guests without shutdown.exe in KVM-Autotest -- Win2000 doesn't have shutdown.exe so we don't run the reboot test on it. But obviously it's much better to have it.

Thanks for your response.(sorry for the delayed response)

--
Sudhir Kumar

* Re: Missing shutdown.exe in win2k3 R2 Datacentre Guest under ssh
@ 2009-06-06 10:08 ` sudhir kumar
From: sudhir kumar @ 2009-06-06 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel
  Cc: Uri Lublin, Michael Goldish, David Huff,
	Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues, Ryan Harper

--
Sudhir Kumar

* Missing shutdown.exe in win2k3 R2 Datacentre Guest under ssh
@ 2009-06-05 10:46 sudhir kumar