* [U-Boot] Setting board revision and serial with device tree
@ 2013-10-21 14:24 Lars Poeschel
From: Lars Poeschel @ 2013-10-21 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello!

I want to set the board serial number and revision for linux /proc/cpuinfo .
On an arm board it seems arch/arm/lib/bootm.c function boot_prep_linux() is
responsible. On a non fdt booting board I can enable CONFIG_REVISION_TAG and
CONFIG_SERIAL_TAG in the board config and implement get_board_rev() and
get_board_serial() in the board files. The information is then passed to the
linux kernel using ATAGS structure. This does not work, if the board boots
with device tree.
How can a similar thing be done with device tree booting arm board ? I don't
find information about this. Can somebody please point me to some documentation
or relevant locations in code, where this is done ?

Thanks a lot,
Lars

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-10-21 14:24 UTC | newest]