* Current situation with gobject introspection?
@ 2017-03-28  8:05 colin.helliwell
From: colin.helliwell @ 2017-03-28  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'm currently using Jethro (though about to move to Krogoth), and have an
external package which need gobject introspection. I'm building on 64-bit
x86, for ARM iMX6 target.

I've been searching around to work out if this is possible under Yocto, but
not sure which of the info I've found is up-to-date.

So I wondered what the latest [krogoth] situation is - am I likely to be
able to get this package to build, and where/how might I get started?

Thanks

* Re: Current situation with gobject introspection?
@ 2017-03-28  8:39 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-03-28  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Helliwell; +Cc: yocto

On 28 March 2017 at 09:05, <colin.helliwell@ln-systems.com> wrote:

> So I wondered what the latest [krogoth] situation is – am I likely to be
> able to get this package to build, and where/how might I get started?

Krogoth (2.1) isn't the latest, that's Morty (2.2) released in October 2016
and next month Pyro (2.3) is being released.

Krogoth has support for gobject-introspection, and is covered in the
documentation:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.2.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#enabling-gobject-introspection-support

Ross

* Re: Current situation with gobject introspection?
@ 2017-03-28  8:39 ` Jussi Kukkonen
From: Jussi Kukkonen @ 2017-03-28  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: colin.helliwell; +Cc: Yocto Project, Kanavin, Alexander

On 28 March 2017 at 11:05, <colin.helliwell@ln-systems.com> wrote:

> I’m currently using Jethro (though about to move to Krogoth), and have an
external package which need gobject introspection. I’m building on 64-bit
x86, for ARM iMX6 target.

> I’ve been searching around to work out if this is possible under Yocto,
but not sure which of the info I’ve found is up-to-date.

> So I wondered what the latest [krogoth] situation is – am I likely to be
able to get this package to build, and where/how might I get started?

> Thanks

Hi Colin,

Alexander can give you the gory details if needed but the summary is:
Krogoth has full gobject-introspection support (for architectures that qemu
supports), jethro does not.

There is a distro feature but it is backfilled by default so no action
should be needed. For many libraries you only need to inherit the class,
but do read the fine manual just in case:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#enabling-gobject-introspection-support

Jussi

* Re: Current situation with gobject introspection?
@ 2017-03-28  8:49   ` Colin Helliwell
From: Colin Helliwell @ 2017-03-28  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

> On 28 March 2017 at 09:39 "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 28 March 2017 at 09:05, <colin.helliwell@ln-systems.com> wrote:
>
> > So I wondered what the latest [krogoth] situation is – am I likely to be able to get this package to build, and where/how might I get started?
>
> Krogoth (2.1) isn't the latest, that's Morty (2.2) released in October 2016 and next month Pyro (2.3) is being released.

Yeah, sorry - I meant 'the latest situation w.r.t Krogoth', rather than Krogoth being the latest version :)

> Krogoth has support for gobject-introspection, and is covered in the documentation:
>
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.2.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#enabling-gobject-introspection-support

Thanks guys, I'll get moved over to Krogoth and take it from there.

* Re: Current situation with gobject introspection? (off-topic)
@ 2017-03-28 13:55   ` Mike Looijmans
From: Mike Looijmans @ 2017-03-28 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 28-03-17 10:39, Burton, Ross wrote:

> Krogoth (2.1) isn't the latest, that's Morty (2.2) released in October 2016
> and next month Pyro (2.3) is being released.

So what happened to the missing two walker bots?

:-)

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert