* [Buildroot] CramFS + SquashFS
@ 2009-08-24 15:22 Luciano Greiner
From: Luciano Greiner @ 2009-08-24 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello.

   I'm doing a custom build for a set-top box. The Dreambox device
uses a CramFS image to hold kernel image and bootloader, and a
squashfs image containing the root file system.
How do i create these separete images using Buildroot?

Thank you!

Luciano Greiner

* [Buildroot] CramFS + SquashFS
@ 2009-08-24 20:41 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2009-08-24 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Luciano> Hello.
 Luciano>    I'm doing a custom build for a set-top box. The Dreambox device
 Luciano> uses a CramFS image to hold kernel image and bootloader, and a
 Luciano> squashfs image containing the root file system.
 Luciano> How do i create these separete images using Buildroot?

That's not supported in BR. The easiest option is either to build
kernel+bootloader+cramfs outside buildroot and just use the squashfs
target, or use the tarball target and split up the content in
cramfs+squashfs outside buildroot.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] CramFS + SquashFS
@ 2009-08-25 18:02   ` Luciano Greiner
From: Luciano Greiner @ 2009-08-25 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Peter.

  Thanks for your answer. I think it's better to compile kernel and
create filesystems out of BR too.
Is there any way to easily export BR cross env variables to my own
command line shell to make it?

Thanks

Luciano Greiner

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Peter Korsgaard<jacmet@uclibc.org> wrote:

> ?Luciano> Hello.
> ?Luciano> ? ?I'm doing a custom build for a set-top box. The Dreambox device
> ?Luciano> uses a CramFS image to hold kernel image and bootloader, and a
> ?Luciano> squashfs image containing the root file system.
> ?Luciano> How do i create these separete images using Buildroot?
>
> That's not supported in BR. The easiest option is either to build
> kernel+bootloader+cramfs outside buildroot and just use the squashfs
> target, or use the tarball target and split up the content in
> cramfs+squashfs outside buildroot.
>
> --
> Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] CramFS + SquashFS
@ 2009-08-26  7:45     ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2009-08-26  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Luciano> Hello Peter.
 Luciano>   Thanks for your answer. I think it's better to compile kernel and
 Luciano> create filesystems out of BR too.
 Luciano> Is there any way to easily export BR cross env variables to my own
 Luciano> command line shell to make it?

What exactly do you mean? Normally it's just a matter of adding
build_*/staging_dir/usr/bin to your path.

See http://buildroot.net/buildroot.html#using_toolchain for more
details.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard