* BMC util
@ 2019-07-23 18:51 Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-07-23 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

Do we have any repo which supports command line utility like

  1.  power on/off server,
  2.  reading all sensors
  3.  reading a dbus property values
  4.  printing fru data.

Also do we have any daemon to monitor gpio lines and report events on changing values.

Regards
-Vijay

* Re: BMC util
@ 2019-07-24  6:37 ` vishwa
From: vishwa @ 2019-07-24  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Khemka, OpenBMC Maillist

Hi Vijay,

On 7/24/19 12:21 AM, Vijay Khemka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do we have any repo which supports command line utility like
>
>  1. power on/off server,
>  2. reading all sensors
>  3. reading a dbus property values
>  4. printing fru data.

There are some here. https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-tools

Below is what we use mostly.

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-state-manager/blob/master/obmcutil

# obmcutil --help
usage: obmcutil [-h] [--verbose] [--wait]
{bmcstate,bootprogress,chassiskill,chassisoff,chassison,chassisstate,hoststate,power,poweroff,poweron,state,status}

positional arguments:
{bmcstate,bootprogress,chassiskill,chassisoff,chassison,chassisstate,hoststate,power,poweroff,poweron,state,status}

optional arguments:
   -h, --help            show this help message and exit
   --verbose, -v         Verbose output
   --wait, -w            Block until the state transition succeeds or fails

> Also do we have any daemon to monitor gpio lines and report events on
> changing values.

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-gpio-monitor

I am currently writing a README on how this works when the GPIO is
asserted and how to configure the actions to be taken.

> Regards
>
> -Vijay

* Re: BMC util
@ 2019-07-24  7:44   ` Lei YU
From: Lei YU @ 2019-07-24  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vishwa; +Cc: Vijay Khemka, OpenBMC Maillist

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 2:38 PM vishwa <vishwa@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Vijay,
>
> On 7/24/19 12:21 AM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Do we have any repo which supports command line utility like
>
> power on/off server,
> reading all sensors
> reading a dbus property values
> printing fru data.
>
> There are some here. https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-tools
>
> Below is what we use mostly.
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-state-manager/blob/master/obmcutil
>
> # obmcutil --help
> usage: obmcutil [-h] [--verbose] [--wait]
>                 {bmcstate,bootprogress,chassiskill,chassisoff,chassison,chassisstate,hoststate,power,poweroff,poweron,state,status}
>
> positional arguments:
>   {bmcstate,bootprogress,chassiskill,chassisoff,chassison,chassisstate,hoststate,power,poweroff,poweron,state,status}
>
> optional arguments:
>   -h, --help            show this help message and exit
>   --verbose, -v         Verbose output
>   --wait, -w            Block until the state transition succeeds or fails
>

> Also do we have any daemon to monitor gpio lines and report events on changing values.
>

> https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-gpio-monitor
>
> I am currently writing a README on how this works when the GPIO is asserted and how to configure the actions to be taken.

There is an existing doc to describe how phosphor-gpio-monitor is used:
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/development/add-new-system.md#gpio-monitor

* Re: BMC util
@ 2019-07-24 15:58     ` Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2019-07-24 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lei YU; +Cc: vishwa, OpenBMC Maillist, Vijay Khemka

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 12:45 AM Lei YU <mine260309@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 2:38 PM vishwa <vishwa@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Vijay,
> >
> > On 7/24/19 12:21 AM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do we have any repo which supports command line utility like
> >
> > power on/off server,
> > reading all sensors
> > reading a dbus property values

I usually just use busctl

~# busctl call ${DBUS_SERVICE} ${DBUS_PATH}
org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties GetAll s ${DBUS_INTERFACE}

@ 2019-07-24 21:56   ` Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-07-24 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vishwa, OpenBMC Maillist

Thanks Vishwa,