* Guidance Downgrading Python2 in Zeus #python
@ 2020-04-15 16:16 MikeB
From: MikeB @ 2020-04-15 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'm working on a set of platforms that have a FIPs certified OpenSSL.  We are at version 1.0.2l.

I've found that the new version of python in Zeus (2.7.17) requires a newer version of OpenSSL (1.1).

We really don't want to go through a new round of certification, so we want to keep our current OpenSSL (1.0.2l).

I think the easiest solution is to downgrade python 2 back to the version used by Sumo (2.7.15).

I know how to downgrade simple recipes, but python is far from simple.

Can someone give me some guidance on how to approach the downgrade of python2 in Zeus?

Thanks, Mike

* Re: [yocto] Guidance Downgrading Python2 in Zeus #python
@ 2020-04-15 16:22 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2020-04-15 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MikeB; +Cc: yocto

I think python2 *recipe* requires openssl 1.1, but python2 itself will work
just fine with openssl 1.0. So you only need to adjust the dependency,
there are several ways to do that.

Alex

@ 2020-04-15 16:23 ` akuster
From: akuster @ 2020-04-15 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MikeB, yocto

On 4/15/20 9:16 AM, MikeB wrote:
> I'm working on a set of platforms that have a FIPs certified OpenSSL.
> We are at version 1.0.2l.
>
> I've found that the new version of python in Zeus (2.7.17) requires a
> newer version of OpenSSL (1.1).
>
> We really don't want to go through a new round of certification, so we
> want to keep our current OpenSSL (1.0.2l).
>
> I think the easiest solution is to downgrade python 2 back to the
> version used by Sumo (2.7.15).
>
> I know how to downgrade simple recipes, but python is far from simple.
>
> Can someone give me some guidance on how to approach the downgrade of
> python2 in Zeus?

Have had a chance to look at this layer?
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-openssl102-fips/

- armin

@ 2020-04-15 16:33   ` Sean McKay
From: Sean McKay @ 2020-04-15 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster, MikeB, yocto

FYI, we’re doing the same internally (vendor supplied FIPS supported openssl 1.0.2), and the layer Armin suggests worked for us on zeus with minimal additional tweaking.

Good luck!
-Sean

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-openssl102-fips/<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-openssl102-fips/>

@ 2020-04-17  8:08     ` MikeB