* [RFCOMM] Cannot complete connections into Ubuntu
@ 2010-08-23  7:22 Shreesh Holla
From: Shreesh Holla @ 2010-08-23  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu with 2.6.32.24 kernel.
I have a simple RFCOMM program running on Windows Mobile which would connect
into the Ubuntu machine. Of course I have the corresponding service running on
the Ubuntu machine. The RFCOMM port numbers do match up.

This was working a few days back and now with no changes(i.e. the same
executable), it refuses to work anymore.

So is there some configuration needed  now?

I have the dongle running in Ubuntu as : hciconfig hci0 noauth noencrypt pscan

Thanks,
Shreesh

* Re: [RFCOMM] Cannot complete connections into Ubuntu
@ 2010-08-25  3:00 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2010-08-25  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shreesh Holla; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 3:22 AM, Shreesh Holla <hshreesh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Ubuntu with 2.6.32.24 kernel.
> I have a simple RFCOMM program running on Windows Mobile which would connect
> into the Ubuntu machine. Of course I have the corresponding service running on
> the Ubuntu machine. The RFCOMM port numbers do match up.
>
> This was working a few days back and now with no changes(i.e. the same
> executable), it refuses to work anymore.
>
> So is there some configuration needed  now?
>
> I have the dongle running in Ubuntu as : hciconfig hci0 noauth noencrypt pscan

Had you tried the latest bluez, I did some changes to pair that solve
some problem with RFCOMM and ssp. If that doesn't help maybe you
should try to produce some logs of the so we can take a look.

Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer

* Re: [RFCOMM] Cannot complete connections into Ubuntu
@ 2010-08-30  6:53   ` Shreesh Holla
From: Shreesh Holla @ 2010-08-30  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

> I'm running Ubuntu with 2.6.32.24 kernel.
> I have a simple RFCOMM program running on Windows Mobile which would connect
> into the Ubuntu machine. Of course I have the corresponding service running on
> the Ubuntu machine. The RFCOMM port numbers do match up.
>
> This was working a few days back and now with no changes(i.e. the same
> executable), it refuses to work anymore.
>
> So is there some configuration needed  now?
>
> I have the dongle running in Ubuntu as : hciconfig hci0 noauth noencrypt pscan
 ------ Luis says:
>>Had you tried the latest bluez, I did some changes to pair that solve
>>some problem with RFCOMM and ssp. If that doesn't help maybe you
>>should try to produce some logs of the so we can take a look.

>>Regards,

>>--
>>Luiz Augusto von Dentz
>>Computer Engineer

Luis,

It seems the problem is in aborting an open RFCOMM connection. And this seems to
be an issue even with the 2.6.29 kernel. If I do abort a connection i.e. not
gracefully i.e. by killing the applications then this is what I see:
- The connection is refused until reboot
- I tried to reset by doing a hciconfig hci0 reset AND also hciconfig hci0
up/down
- When I do a reset actually the VM hangs completely i.e. the only way is to
power off and restart the VM
- I do have two Bluetooth dongles - but I dont think that could be any issue.

So, fundamentally as long as I do a graceful shutdown of the RFCOMM connections
all seems to be fine. This issue happens sometimes on the first abort. But
definitely within three attempts. This is what I have been able to figure out
since my last e-mail.

Do let me know if this helps. If you would need more details such as the hcidump
logs or dmesg logs - I ca send that too.

Thanks,
Shreesh