* Per packet TPC is it implimented ?
@ 2012-07-11  9:21 DINO MYCLE
From: DINO MYCLE @ 2012-07-11  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hello all
  I want to know whether per packet TPC implemented in the mac80211 ? and it can be made to work in 2.4GHz ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Dino

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
Read Disclaimer at http://www.sasken.com/extras/mail_disclaimer.html

* Re: Per packet TPC is it implimented ?
@ 2012-07-11 11:30 ` Thomas Huehn
From: Thomas Huehn @ 2012-07-11 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DINO MYCLE; +Cc: linux-wireless

Hi Dino,

We have implemented and evaluated TPC per packet in mac80211 based on
802.11 g/a/n Atheros hardware.
Currently we are focusing on proper rework to get it upstream.

Greetings Thomas

@ 2012-07-11 12:40   ` DINO MYCLE
From: DINO MYCLE @ 2012-07-11 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Huehn; +Cc: linux-wireless

HI Thomas
  Thanks for the reply, so it will be for 2.4GHz ? or only for 5GHz ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Dino Joseph Mycle, Ext: 3299, +91 9916888337

@ 2012-07-11 12:49     ` Thomas Huehn
From: Thomas Huehn @ 2012-07-11 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DINO MYCLE; +Cc: linux-wireless

DINO MYCLE schrieb:

>   Thanks for the reply, so it will be for 2.4GHz ? or only for 5GHz ?

As I've written: TPC for all IEEE 802.11 g/a/n

Greetings  Thomas

* RE: Per packet TPC is it implimented ?
@ 2012-07-11 12:51       ` DINO MYCLE
From: DINO MYCLE @ 2012-07-11 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Huehn; +Cc: linux-wireless

Hello Thomas,
  Sorry, got it....so how is the performance any report or observation you can share ?

@ 2012-07-11 14:36         ` Thomas Huehn
From: Thomas Huehn @ 2012-07-11 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DINO MYCLE; +Cc: linux-wireless

DINO MYCLE schrieb:

> Hello Thomas,
>   Sorry, got it....so how is the performance any report or observation you can share ?

Our initial results (including mac80211 & TPC controller design, with
validations) are published at the ICCCN conference end of July within
our paper: "Practical Power and Rate Control for WiFi"

in short:
- TPC per packet on Atheros 802.11 g/a/n chips works well
- without giving up on throughput there are often cases to reduce
transmit power by significant amount of dB
- to show increased spatial reuse in a WLAN network is current work

The pdf should be online soon at:
http://www.inet.tu-berlin.de/menue/research/publications/by_author/thomas_publ/

Currently we are running performance measurements (network sum
throughput) in outdoor and indoor environments with our joint power-rate
controller "Minstrel-Blues". Collecting, parsing, plotting
traces is just ongoing work.

Greetings Thomas