* do_rootfs error due to package installation
@ 2016-01-07 17:14 John Schluechtermann
From: John Schluechtermann @ 2016-01-07 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I have a custom image that I am trying to pick up and get working that was setup and used by an individual no longer with the company.

The image creation is failing in the do_rootfs portion and appears to be due to a package not being installed in the image.  I have verified that the package is being created which it is.  I am not sure if I need to modify an IMAGE_INSTALL commend in a recipe or not since I do not understand how the first package (packagegroup-base-extended) is being included.

The error message that occurs is:

packagegroup-base-extended : Depends: packagegroup-base-nfc but it is not going to be installed

So if I understanding this correctly it is placing the packagegroup-base-extended package in the image but it for some reason cannot do that with the packagegroup-base-nfc.  Is this an order issue or something else.  I do not know where to look at the moment so any guidance on that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-          John
The information contained in this message and any attachment may be proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.

* Re: do_rootfs error due to package installation
@ 2016-01-07 21:29 ` John Schluechtermann
From: John Schluechtermann @ 2016-01-07 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Some additional information in regards to this.  In the troubleshooting of it I turned on the build history by adding the following to my local.conf,
          INHERIT += "buildhistory"
          BUILDHISTORY_COMMIT = "1"

With that added to the local.conf the image creation would complete successfully, it was also repeatable if I removed it I would then get the error message about the unmet dependencies, replacing it allowed the build to complete.  What do I not have setup correctly?

-          John

@ 2016-01-12  0:28   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-01-12  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Schluechtermann; +Cc: yocto