* Re: Problem with the wifi
       [not found] <00515b4a-5949-3746-db71-6b2b8a82dd1a@gmx.com>
@ 2017-08-07 19:45 ` Arend van Spriel
       [not found]   ` <d14706d5-cc89-223f-3b4f-933af5004168@gmx.com>
From: Arend van Spriel @ 2017-08-07 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bettini; +Cc: brcm80211-dev-list, linux-wireless

+ linux-wireless

On 07-08-17 21:38, Paolo Bettini wrote:
> Hi , i am Paolo and i installed Debian stretch on my ezbook2 . One
> problem is the wifi , the card a SDIO device , seems to be 02d0:a9a6
> linux id or Broadcom AP6212 for windows....i installed deb package
> firmware-brcm80211 and nvram sdio txt in /lib/firmware/brcm, reloaded
> bcrmfmac module but nothing the card seems invisible or dead i don't
> know if is a problem of firmware or my system cannot detect the sdio
> card ...do you know something about this problematic ?

As always a kernel log could help or output from dmesg command. Also can
you run following commands:

$ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices
$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias

Regards,
Arend

* Re: Problem with the wifi
       [not found]   ` <d14706d5-cc89-223f-3b4f-933af5004168@gmx.com>
@ 2017-08-08  9:10     ` Arend van Spriel
       [not found]       ` <a148a442-5b5a-155d-6ca4-2e82c48c76bf@gmx.com>
From: Arend van Spriel @ 2017-08-08  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bettini; +Cc: linux-wireless, Larry Finger

+ linux-wireless
+ Larry

please keep linux-wireless in this thread.

On 08-08-17 08:21, Paolo Bettini wrote:
> Arend van Spriel ha scritto:
>> + linux-wireless On 07-08-17 21:38, Paolo Bettini wrote:
>>> Hi , i am Paolo and i installed Debian stretch on my ezbook2 . One
>>> problem is the wifi , the card a SDIO device , seems to be 02d0:a9a6
>>> linux id or Broadcom AP6212 for windows....i installed deb package
>>> firmware-brcm80211 and nvram sdio txt in /lib/firmware/brcm, reloaded
>>> bcrmfmac module but nothing the card seems invisible or dead i don't
>>> know if is a problem of firmware or my system cannot detect the sdio
>>> card ...do you know something about this problematic ?
>> As always a kernel log could help or output from dmesg command. Also
>> can you run following commands: $ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices $ cat
>> /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias Regards, Arend
> paolo@paolo:~$ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices
> mmc1:0001:1
> paolo@paolo:~$
>

> paolo@paolo:~$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias sdio:c07v024CdB723
> paolo@paolo:~$ sorry for previous mail ....ls was from another pc....:-[
> it seems the system see only the card where the system is installed

Hi Paolo,

Interesting. Now if Google search is correct the vendor id for this
device indicates this is a Realtek (v024C) WLAN (c07) device. So what
makes you say its linux id is 02d0:a9a6?

In upstream linux I do not see any SDIO device drivers in realtek
folder. Maybe Larry can provide clue/hint if a driver for this device is
publicly available somewhere.

Regards,
Arend

* Re: Problem with the wifi
       [not found]       ` <a148a442-5b5a-155d-6ca4-2e82c48c76bf@gmx.com>
@ 2017-08-08  9:35         ` Arend van Spriel
From: Arend van Spriel @ 2017-08-08  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bettini; +Cc: linux-wireless, Larry Finger

+ linux-wireless
+ Larry

Jesus christ..grow some ears!

On 08-08-17 11:21, Paolo Bettini wrote:
> Arend van Spriel ha scritto:
>> + linux-wireless
>> + Larry
>>
>> please keep linux-wireless in this thread.

>>> paolo@paolo:~$ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices
>>> mmc1:0001:1
>>> paolo@paolo:~$
>>>

>>> paolo@paolo:~$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias sdio:c07v024CdB723
>>> paolo@paolo:~$ sorry for previous mail ....ls was from another pc....:-[
>>> it seems the system see only the card where the system is installed
>> Hi Paolo,
>>
>> Interesting. Now if Google search is correct the vendor id for this
>> device indicates this is a Realtek (v024C) WLAN (c07) device. So what
>> makes you say its linux id is 02d0:a9a6?
>>
>> In upstream linux I do not see any SDIO device drivers in realtek
>> folder. Maybe Larry can provide clue/hint if a driver for this device is
>> publicly available somewhere.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Arend
> Excuse me if i am boring you again , for me the wifi card of the ezbook2
> is a ghost ...but googling it is a broadcom infact with this command i have

You are not boring anyone, but you really should ask the manufacturer.
All I can say is your sysfs shows there is only one SDIO device with
vendor id 0x024c (Realtek) and class 0x07 (WLAN) so brcmfmac will not be
probed for that as all aliases below for brcmfmac are listing vendor id
0x02d0 (Broadcom). That is all the command below indicates.

Regards,
Arend

* Re: Problem with the wifi
       [not found]       ` <a148a442-5b5a-155d-6ca4-2e82c48c76bf@gmx.com>
@ 2017-08-09 16:40       ` Larry Finger
From: Larry Finger @ 2017-08-09 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arend van Spriel, Paolo Bettini; +Cc: linux-wireless

On 08/08/2017 04:10 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> + linux-wireless
> + Larry
>
> please keep linux-wireless in this thread.
>
> On 08-08-17 08:21, Paolo Bettini wrote:
>> Arend van Spriel ha scritto:
>>> As always a kernel log could help or output from dmesg command. Also
>>> can you run following commands: $ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices $ cat
>>> /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias Regards, Arend
>> paolo@paolo:~$ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices
>> mmc1:0001:1
>> paolo@paolo:~$
>>

>> paolo@paolo:~$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias sdio:c07v024CdB723
>> paolo@paolo:~$ sorry for previous mail ....ls was from another pc....:-[
>> it seems the system see only the card where the system is installed
>
> Hi Paolo,
>
> Interesting. Now if Google search is correct the vendor id for this
> device indicates this is a Realtek (v024C) WLAN (c07) device. So what
> makes you say its linux id is 02d0:a9a6?
>
> In upstream linux I do not see any SDIO device drivers in realtek
> folder. Maybe Larry can provide clue/hint if a driver for this device is
> publicly available somewhere.

Paolo,

The only Realtek SDIO device in common distribution is the RTL8723BS, which has
been packaged with some Intel processors, and may now be part of other SBC's.
This driver has been in staging since V4.12. It handles SDIO Vendor code 0x024c
with device codes 0x0523, 0x0623, 0x0626, and 0xb723. If your device is one of
these, then you only need to build a kernel with this driver enabled.

I have had very little to do with this driver, other than posting the original
version on GitHub. From there, many users have modified it until it was
submitted to staging by Hans de Goede of RedHat.

Larry

* Re: Problem with the wifi
@ 2017-08-09 20:35         ` Arend van Spriel
From: Arend van Spriel @ 2017-08-09 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry Finger, Paolo Bettini; +Cc: linux-wireless

On 09-08-17 18:40, Larry Finger wrote:
> On 08/08/2017 04:10 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
>> + linux-wireless
>> + Larry
>>
>> please keep linux-wireless in this thread.

>>> paolo@paolo:~$ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices
>>> mmc1:0001:1
>>> paolo@paolo:~$
>>>

>>> paolo@paolo:~$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias sdio:c07v024CdB723
>>> paolo@paolo:~$ sorry for previous mail ....ls was from another pc....:-[
>>> it seems the system see only the card where the system is installed
>>
>> Hi Paolo,
>>
>> Interesting. Now if Google search is correct the vendor id for this
>> device indicates this is a Realtek (v024C) WLAN (c07) device. So what
>> makes you say its linux id is 02d0:a9a6?
>>
>> In upstream linux I do not see any SDIO device drivers in realtek
>> folder. Maybe Larry can provide clue/hint if a driver for this device is
>> publicly available somewhere.
>
> Paolo,
>
> The only Realtek SDIO device in common distribution is the RTL8723BS,
> which has been packaged with some Intel processors, and may now be part
> of other SBC's. This driver has been in staging since V4.12. It handles
> SDIO Vendor code 0x024c with device codes 0x0523, 0x0623, 0x0626, and
> 0xb723. If your device is one of these, then you only need to build a
> kernel with this driver enabled.

He has device id 0xb723:

paolo@paolo:~$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias sdio:c07v024CdB723

So that driver should at least try to probe his device.

Regards,
Arend

* Re: Problem with the wifi
@ 2017-08-10  9:40           ` Paolo Bettini
From: Paolo Bettini @ 2017-08-10  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arend van Spriel, Larry Finger; +Cc: linux-wireless

Arend van Spriel ha scritto:
> On 09-08-17 18:40, Larry Finger wrote:
>> On 08/08/2017 04:10 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
>>> + linux-wireless
>>> + Larry
>>>
>>> please keep linux-wireless in this thread.

>>> Hi Paolo,
>>>
>>> Interesting. Now if Google search is correct the vendor id for this
>>> device indicates this is a Realtek (v024C) WLAN (c07) device. So what
>>> makes you say its linux id is 02d0:a9a6?
>>>
>>> In upstream linux I do not see any SDIO device drivers in realtek
>>> folder. Maybe Larry can provide clue/hint if a driver for this
>>> device is
>>> publicly available somewhere.
>>
>> Paolo,
>>
>> The only Realtek SDIO device in common distribution is the RTL8723BS,
>> which has been packaged with some Intel processors, and may now be
>> part of other SBC's. This driver has been in staging since V4.12. It
>> handles SDIO Vendor code 0x024c with device codes 0x0523, 0x0623,
>> 0x0626, and 0xb723. If your device is one of these, then you only
>> need to build a kernel with this driver enabled.
>
> He has device id 0xb723:
>
> paolo@paolo:~$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias sdio:c07v024CdB723
>
> So that driver should at least try to probe his device.
>
> Regards,
> Arend
Hi Arend on debian is avaible only an experimental trunk of mainline
4.12 and the RTL8723BS module is not activated i suppose , i tried this
guide
https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723bs/wiki/RTL8723BS-module-building-instruction-for-Debian-GNU-Linux
but doens't NOTHING the make command ( obviously i installed all the
necessary ) in the zip there are the firmware  *.bin maybe i must wait
the 4,12 backports ....i could compile my own kernel but in this moment
ain't much time.....

Paolo

* Re: Problem with the wifi
@ 2017-09-02  7:13           ` Paolo Bettini
From: Paolo Bettini @ 2017-09-02  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arend van Spriel, Larry Finger; +Cc: linux-wireless

Arend van Spriel ha scritto:
> On 09-08-17 18:40, Larry Finger wrote:
>> On 08/08/2017 04:10 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
>>> + linux-wireless
>>> + Larry
>>>
>>> please keep linux-wireless in this thread.

>>> Hi Paolo,
>>>
>>> Interesting. Now if Google search is correct the vendor id for this
>>> device indicates this is a Realtek (v024C) WLAN (c07) device. So what
>>> makes you say its linux id is 02d0:a9a6?
>>>
>>> In upstream linux I do not see any SDIO device drivers in realtek
>>> folder. Maybe Larry can provide clue/hint if a driver for this
>>> device is
>>> publicly available somewhere.
>>
>> Paolo,
>>
>> The only Realtek SDIO device in common distribution is the RTL8723BS,
>> which has been packaged with some Intel processors, and may now be
>> part of other SBC's. This driver has been in staging since V4.12. It
>> handles SDIO Vendor code 0x024c with device codes 0x0523, 0x0623,
>> 0x0626, and 0xb723. If your device is one of these, then you only
>> need to build a kernel with this driver enabled.
>
> He has device id 0xb723:
>
> paolo@paolo:~$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias sdio:c07v024CdB723
>
> So that driver should at least try to probe his device.
>
> Regards,
> Arend

I built my own kernel in the debian way , very simple and amusing ,  i
removed some modules not interesting ,  i set to M rtl8723bs and all ok
!!! only a bit long the building with my dual core ,The bluetooth needs
rtk_hciattach of Larry Finger , however strange the new debian kernels
above all 4.13rc have not set rtl8723bs module.
Best regards

rtk_hciattach