* [Buildroot]  hwclock doesn't work
@ 2010-08-24  7:39 JNY
From: JNY @ 2010-08-24  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

When I try to use hwclock on my target system I get the error:

can't open '/dev/misc/rtc'

Is there a buildroot option or setting I've not noticed to enable hwclock?

* [Buildroot] hwclock doesn't work
@ 2010-08-24 21:23 ` Marcus Osdoba
From: Marcus Osdoba @ 2010-08-24 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Am 24.08.2010 09:39, schrieb JNY:
> When I try to use hwclock on my target system I get the error:
>
> can't open '/dev/misc/rtc'
> Is there a buildroot option or setting I've not noticed to enable hwclock?
Hi,

Please verify the output of the kernel during bootup. Also accessible
via "dmesg" after login. Make sure to have some sort of message, which
confirms to activate a real time clock. Setting up a real time clock
module is an issue of the kernel. Not buildroot itself.
 >dmesg|grep -i clock
or
 >dmesg|grep -i rtc

Regards,
Marcus

* [Buildroot] hwclock doesn't work
@ 2010-08-25  7:41 ` JNY
From: JNY @ 2010-08-25  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

When  I use dmesg|grep -i rtc, I get the response:
platform rtc-cmos: registered platform RTC device (no PNP device found)

When I use dmesg|grep -i clock, I get the response:
Switching to clocksource pit

If this is dealt with by the kernel, do I have to look through the linux26
menuconfig instead?