* [U-Boot] USB DFU support into mailline.
@ 2012-06-15 18:44 Sohanpal, Harman
From: Sohanpal, Harman @ 2012-06-15 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

Referring to http://elinux.org/Merge_DFU_support_into_mainline_U-Boot, it
seems some work is going on for adding USB DFU support in the mainline for
u-boot. But I could not find any code already in mainline. Is there anyone
working on getting USB DFU support to mainline?

I am working on USB DFU on AM335x BeagleBone, and I want help get USB DFU to
mainline.

Thanks,
Harman

* [U-Boot] USB DFU support into mailline.
@ 2012-06-15 22:24 ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-06-15 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Sohanpal, Harman,

> Hi,
>
> Referring to http://elinux.org/Merge_DFU_support_into_mainline_U-Boot, it
> seems some work is going on for adding USB DFU support in the mainline for
> u-boot. But I could not find any code already in mainline. Is there anyone
> working on getting USB DFU support to mainline?
>
> I am working on USB DFU on AM335x BeagleBone, and I want help get USB DFU
> to mainline.

Try looking through the u-boot mailing list. I think someone tried, but it
needed more work.

> Thanks,
> Harman

Best regards,
Marek Vasut

* [U-Boot] USB DFU support into mailline.
@ 2012-06-18  8:54   ` Lukasz Majewski
From: Lukasz Majewski @ 2012-06-18  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear All,

> Dear Sohanpal, Harman,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Referring to
> > http://elinux.org/Merge_DFU_support_into_mainline_U-Boot, it seems
> > some work is going on for adding USB DFU support in the mainline
> > for u-boot. But I could not find any code already in mainline. Is
> > there anyone working on getting USB DFU support to mainline?
> >
> > I am working on USB DFU on AM335x BeagleBone, and I want help get
> > USB DFU to mainline.
>
> Try looking through the u-boot mailing list. I think someone tried,
> but it needed more work.

Dear Marek and Harman,

I'm currently working on the DFU support at u-boot. A
composite USB gadget with DFU support is under development.

--
Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung Poland R&D Center | Linux Platform Group

* [U-Boot] USB DFU support into mailline.
@ 2012-06-18  9:31     ` Sohanpal, Harman
From: Sohanpal, Harman @ 2012-06-18  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
> > > some work is going on for adding USB DFU support in the mainline
> > > for u-boot. But I could not find any code already in mainline. Is
> > > there anyone working on getting USB DFU support to mainline?
> > >
> > > I am working on USB DFU on AM335x BeagleBone, and I want help get
> > > USB DFU to mainline.
> >
> > Try looking through the u-boot mailing list. I think someone tried,
> > but it needed more work.
> >

> Dear Marek and Harman,
>
> I'm currently working on the DFU support at u-boot. A
> composite USB gadget with DFU support is under development.

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for the reply.
When are you planning to send these patches to mailing list?
If you can point me to some branch having your code, maybe I
can also contribute to the work you have already done.

Thanks,
Harman

* [U-Boot] USB DFU support into mailline.
@ 2012-06-18 14:12       ` Lukasz Majewski
From: Lukasz Majewski @ 2012-06-18 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Harman,

Yes, of course I will send those patches to u-boot mailing list.

> If you can point me to some branch having your code, maybe I
> can also contribute to the work you have already done.

You can look into the early DFU patches:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/116197/match=dfu+initial+implementation

There DFU is implemented as a standalone USB gadget, but it will be a
part of a composite one.

--

@ 2012-06-18 17:02         ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2012-06-18 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 04:12:50PM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:

> Hi Harman,

Would it be fair to say that a prerequisite for using the DFU support
you are working on would be to have the composite driver
(drivers/usb/gadget/composite.c) working with the musb framework?

--
Tom

* [U-Boot] USB DFU support into mailline.
@ 2012-06-19  8:56           ` Lukasz Majewski
From: Lukasz Majewski @ 2012-06-19  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

Thank you for feedback.

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 04:12:50PM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> >
> > Hi Harman,

I've stated that I'm working on a composite USB gadget, which provides
DFU function.

The composite.c code is already in u-boot mainline (SHA1: 7010f5b
usb:gadget:composite USB composite gadget support). It is a Linux
kernel's composite driver from 2.6.36 ported to u-boot (no API change).

All one needs is the UDC driver (like s3c_udc_otg or
designware_udc.c, omap_*_udc or pxa27_udc) to run composite gadget.

> working with the musb framework?

The composite gadget uses Linux kernel's API for writing composite
gadgets. I don't know if it is compatible with musb framework.

In any question, please let me know.

--

@ 2012-06-19 14:27             ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2012-06-19 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 06/19/2012 01:56 AM, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thank you for feedback.
>
>> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 04:12:50PM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Harman,

I'm assuming then that musb_udc provides the glue needed here.  Harman,
a good first step then for USB DFU on the beaglebone / am335x EVM would
be to get MUSB working (and say using usbtty as a test).

--
Tom