* Question about the "dst" field in sk_buff
@ 2010-02-03 18:15 Dominik Kaspar
From: Dominik Kaspar @ 2010-02-03 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hi,

I'm trying to compile various xt_*.c files that try to access
skb->dst. However, the sk_buff structure has no "dst" field in the
kernel version I am using (2.6.31), only a "_skb_dst" field. So when I
run "make", for example to compile the xt_ECHO.c example from the
netfilter tutorial, I always encounter errors like this:

error: ‘struct sk_buff’ has no member named ‘dst’

What do I have to do to solve this? I guess it has something to do
with those "compat" files, but I don't how they are used... Any hint
would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Dominik

* Re: Question about the "dst" field in sk_buff
@ 2010-02-03 18:35 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2010-02-03 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominik Kaspar; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On Wednesday 2010-02-03 19:15, Dominik Kaspar wrote:

>I'm trying to compile various xt_*.c files that try to access
>skb->dst. However, the sk_buff structure has no "dst" field in the
>kernel version I am using (2.6.31), only a "_skb_dst" field. So when I
>run "make", for example to compile the xt_ECHO.c example from the
>netfilter tutorial, I always encounter errors like this:
>
>error: ‘struct sk_buff’ has no member named ‘dst’
>
>What do I have to do to solve this? I guess it has something to do
>with those "compat" files, but I don't how they are used... Any hint
>would be highly appreciated.

xt_ECHO is not normally built and thus has fallen behind in porting.
This has now been rectified.

* Re: Question about the "dst" field in sk_buff
@ 2010-02-04  9:34   ` Dominik Kaspar
From: Dominik Kaspar @ 2010-02-04  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Engelhardt; +Cc: netfilter-devel

Hi Jan,

How about in general...? What is required to make code compile that
has "skb->dst" in it?

Greetings,
Dominik

@ 2010-02-04 11:56     ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2010-02-04 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominik Kaspar; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On Thursday 2010-02-04 10:34, Dominik Kaspar wrote:

>Hi Jan,
>
>How about in general...? What is required to make code compile that
>has "skb->dst" in it?

Changing it to skb_dst, which is what v1.22-2-gcf7a40f does.