* [ANNOUNCE] fsck.overlayfs: update master branch
@ 2018-01-31 10:23 zhangyi (F)
From: zhangyi (F) @ 2018-01-31 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overlayfs; +Cc: Miklos Szeredi, Amir Goldstein, Miao Xie, yangerkun

Hi All,

The master branch on my overlayfs-progs [1] has been updated.

No feature add, just handle comments form Amir in last iterations and
fix some bugs:
- Improve header comments for many functions, these becomes more readable.
- Fix some path manipulation bugs in path.c.
- Improve impurities check.
- Split out functions and constants from kernel into overlayfs.c/.h.
- Update README, split out and detail TODO list.

Thanks,
Yi.

[1] https://github.com/hisilicon/overlayfs-progs/tree/master

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] fsck.overlayfs: update master branch
@ 2018-01-31 20:23 ` Amir Goldstein
From: Amir Goldstein @ 2018-01-31 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhangyi (F); +Cc: overlayfs, Miklos Szeredi, Miao Xie, yangerkun

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 12:23 PM, zhangyi (F) <yi.zhang@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The master branch on my overlayfs-progs [1] has been updated.
>
> No feature add, just handle comments form Amir in last iterations and
> fix some bugs:
> - Improve header comments for many functions, these becomes more readable.

Looking very good!
FYI the "header comment" which I requested, are the comment on the top of
the file. But hey I'm not complaining ;-)

> - Fix some path manipulation bugs in path.c.

Sigh. Too bad you couldn't find a path manipulation library for joinpath()
and basename2(). Things like that should really never be re-implemented.
If you really have to implement them or really want to, then you should
write simple unit tests that run on 'make test' to verify that your helpers
do what you claim they do for all the listed inputs, because right now,
I doubt that you have good test coverage for complex path composing
just from running fsck.overlay itself.

> - Improve impurities check.
> - Split out functions and constants from kernel into overlayfs.c/.h.
> - Update README, split out and detail TODO list.

Looks good!

Amir.

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] fsck.overlayfs: update master branch
@ 2018-02-01  4:16   ` zhangyi (F)
From: zhangyi (F) @ 2018-02-01  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amir Goldstein; +Cc: overlayfs, Miklos Szeredi, Miao Xie, yangerkun

On 2018/2/1 4:23, Amir Goldstein Wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 12:23 PM, zhangyi (F) <yi.zhang@huawei.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> The master branch on my overlayfs-progs [1] has been updated.
>>
>> No feature add, just handle comments form Amir in last iterations and
>> fix some bugs:
>> - Improve header comments for many functions, these becomes more readable.
>
> Looking very good!
> FYI the "header comment" which I requested, are the comment on the top of
> the file. But hey I'm not complaining ;-)
>
>> - Fix some path manipulation bugs in path.c.
>
> Sigh. Too bad you couldn't find a path manipulation library for joinpath()
> and basename2(). Things like that should really never be re-implemented.
> If you really have to implement them or really want to, then you should
> write simple unit tests that run on 'make test' to verify that your helpers
> do what you claim they do for all the listed inputs, because right now,
> I doubt that you have good test coverage for complex path composing
> just from running fsck.overlay itself.

Sorry, I didn't found such functions in C library (glibc), so have to re-implement it.
I have already test all listed inputs (not post it), maybe I can post it latter.

Thanks,
Yi.