* perf tool: About "perf arm64: Inject missing frames when using 'perf record --call-graph=fp'"
@ 2022-04-05 14:04 John Garry
From: John Garry @ 2022-04-05 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alexandre.truong
  Cc: linux-perf-users, jolsa@kernel.org >> Jiri Olsa,
	german.gomez, james.clark, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo

Hi Alexandre,

I notice that with commit b9f6fbb3b2c2 ("perf arm64: Inject missing
frames when using 'perf record --call-graph=fp'") that I get messages
spewing the console when running perf record+report, as below:

john@ubuntu:~/linux$sudo tools/perf/perf record -ag fio null12.fio
john@ubuntu:~/linux$sudo tools/perf/perf report > report
unwind: can't read reg 29
unwind: can't read reg 29
unwind: can't read reg 29
unwind: can't read reg 29

Do you know the possible cause? I haven't checked...

Thanks,
john