* [Bluez-users] pin code
@ 2007-01-23 13:46 KS H
From: KS H @ 2007-01-23 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bluez

Dear

I cross compile the bluez3.8 and try to setup the bluetooth in arm. I connect the arm with CSR BC03 with BCSP configuration. I am able to make the Bluez discoverable and try to pair bluez. however i found that there is no pin respond from Bluez. So i try to configure bluez using hcid.

> hcid -n -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

it return

hcid[481]: Can't connect to system message bus: Failed to connect to socket /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket:  No such file or directory
hcid[481]: Unable to get on D-Bus

My question
1. where can I found the missing file and what is that used for?
2. Is there any method to repsond the pin request other than using hcid

Regards
SH

 _______________________________________
 YM - 離線訊息
 就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。
 http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

* Re: [Bluez-users] pin code
@ 2007-01-26  5:45 ` Prabhu nath
From: Prabhu nath @ 2007-01-26  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

You have to cross-compile dbus-1.0, and start dbus-daemon before executing
hcid.
dbus-daemon --system

While cross-compiling dbus-1.0 and bluez-utils, pass the following
parameters for the configure script.
--localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc

Once you do this, by default hcid will look for hcid.conf in /etc/bluetooth
directory.

*Warning*. Take a backup of /etc/dbus-1 and /etc/bluetooth, because this
will overwrite the previous config, which was already present in ur system.

Run make install for dbus, and u need not run make install for bluez-utils.
U can directly copy the hcid.conf and blue-hcid.conf to /etc/bluetooth and
/etc/dbus-1/system.d directory respectively.

Now, when u start dbus-daemon --system, it will create a system_bus_socket
in /var/run/dbus and it will create a message.pid in /var/run/.

next, when u start hcid, u should not get problem.

-Prabhu

On 1/23/07, KS H <kspam1234@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Dear
>
> I cross compile the bluez3.8 and try to setup the bluetooth in arm. I
> connect the arm with CSR BC03 with BCSP configuration. I am able to make the
> Bluez discoverable and try to pair bluez. however i found that there is no
> pin respond from Bluez. So i try to configure bluez using hcid.
>
> > hcid -n -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
>
> it return
>
> hcid[481]: Can't connect to system message bus: Failed to connect to
> socket /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket:  No such file or directory
> hcid[481]: Unable to get on D-Bus
>
> My question
> 1. where can I found the missing file and what is that used for?
> 2. Is there any method to repsond the pin request other than using hcid
>
> Regards
> SH
>
> _______________________________________
> YM - 離線訊息
> 就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。
> http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

* [Bluez-users] 回覆: Re:  pin code
@ 2007-01-26 15:10   ` KS H
From: KS H @ 2007-01-26 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi

I follow the configure described. When I execut 'dbus-daemon --system'
it return

Failed to start message bus: Could not get UID and GID for username "messagebus"

What is that mean?

and also there is no blue-hcid.conf in hcid folder
but I found a file call bluetooth.conf. is that the same file you said

Regards

SH
Prabhu nath <gprabhunath@gmail.com> 說: You have to cross-compile dbus-1.0, and start dbus-daemon before executing hcid.
 dbus-daemon --system

 While cross-compiling dbus-1.0 and bluez-utils, pass the following parameters for the configure script.
 --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc

 Once you do this, by default hcid will look for hcid.conf in /etc/bluetooth directory.

 Warning. Take a backup of /etc/dbus-1 and /etc/bluetooth, because this will overwrite the previous config, which was already present in ur system.

 Run make install for dbus, and u need not run make install for bluez-utils. U can directly copy the hcid.conf and blue-hcid.conf to /etc/bluetooth and /etc/dbus-1/system.d directory respectively.

 Now, when u start dbus-daemon --system, it will create a system_bus_socket in /var/run/dbus and it will create a message.pid in /var/run/.

 next, when u start hcid, u should not get problem.

 -Prabhu

 On 1/23/07, KS H <kspam1234@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: Dear

I cross compile the bluez3.8 and try to setup the bluetooth in arm. I connect the arm with CSR BC03 with BCSP configuration. I am able to make the Bluez discoverable and try to pair bluez. however i found that there is no pin respond from Bluez. So i try to configure bluez using hcid.

> hcid -n -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

it return

hcid[481]: Can't connect to system message bus: Failed to connect to socket /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket:  No such file or directory
hcid[481]: Unable to get on D-Bus

My question
1. where can I found the missing file and what is that used for?
2. Is there any method to repsond the pin request other than using hcid

Regards
SH
  _______________________________________
YM - 離線訊息
就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。
http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

 _______________________________________
 YM - 離線訊息
 就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。
 http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

* [Bluez-users] Re: [Bluez-users] 回覆: Re: pin code
@ 2007-01-27  6:32     ` Prabhu nath
From: Prabhu nath @ 2007-01-27  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

On 1/26/07, KS H <kspam1234@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I follow the configure described. When I execut 'dbus-daemon --system'
> it return
>
> Failed to start message bus: Could not get UID and GID for username
> "messagebus"
> What is that mean?

<prabhu> U have to create a username by name *messagebus* <prabhu>   #
adduser -D -H messagebus

and also there is no blue-hcid.conf in hcid folder
> but I found a file call bluetooth.conf. is that the same file you said

<prabhu> Sorry it is bluez-hcid.confRegards

SH
*Prabhu nath <gprabhunath@gmail.com>* 說:

>  You have to cross-compile dbus-1.0, and start dbus-daemon before
> executing hcid.
> dbus-daemon --system
>
> While cross-compiling dbus-1.0 and bluez-utils, pass the following
> parameters for the configure script.
> --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
>
> Once you do this, by default hcid will look for hcid.conf in
> /etc/bluetooth directory.
>

> *Warning*. Take a backup of /etc/dbus-1 and /etc/bluetooth, because this
> will overwrite the previous config, which was already present in ur system.
>
> Run make install for dbus, and u need not run make install for
> bluez-utils. U can directly copy the hcid.conf and blue-hcid.conf to
> /etc/bluetooth and /etc/dbus-1/system.d directory respectively.
>
> Now, when u start dbus-daemon --system, it will create a system_bus_socket
> in /var/run/dbus and it will create a message.pid in /var/run/.
>
> next, when u start hcid, u should not get problem.
>
> -Prabhu
>

> On 1/23/07, KS H <kspam1234@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> >
> > Dear
> >
> > I cross compile the bluez3.8 and try to setup the bluetooth in arm. I
> > connect the arm with CSR BC03 with BCSP configuration. I am able to make the
> > Bluez discoverable and try to pair bluez. however i found that there is no
> > pin respond from Bluez. So i try to configure bluez using hcid.
> >
> > > hcid -n -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
> >
> > it return
> >
> > hcid[481]: Can't connect to system message bus: Failed to connect to
> > socket /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket:  No such file or directory
> >
> > hcid[481]: Unable to get on D-Bus
> >
> > My question
> > 1. where can I found the missing file and what is that used for?
> > 2. Is there any method to repsond the pin request other than using hcid
> >
> > Regards
> > SH
> > _______________________________________
> > YM - 離線訊息
> > 就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。
> > http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

> > your

> YM - 離線訊息
> 就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。
> http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

* RE: [Bluez-users]Re: [Bluez-users] ¦^ÂСG Re: pin code
@ 2007-03-01  7:18       ` Kelvin Xu
From: Kelvin Xu @ 2007-03-01  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

i am faced with the sam problems as KS H. I have also cross compiled dBus
and Bluez Util for ARM using Scratchbox.
I followed the similar steps provided by Prabhu. However, I do not have the
message.pid entry in /var/run but have an additional "pid" entry in
/var/run/dbus.

And when i try to execute hcid i received the following error:
# hcid -n -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
hcid[790]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[790]: Can't open system message bus connection: Failed to connect to
socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
hcid[790]: Unable to get on D-Bus

Please advice. Thank you

Regards,
Kelvin

> [...]
>> >
>>´Nºâ§A¨S¦³¤Wºô¡A§AªºªB¤Í¤´¥i¥H¯d¤U°T®§µ¹§A¡A·í§A¤Wºô®É´N¯à¥ß§Y¬Ý¨ì¡A¥ô¦ó»¡¸Ü³£ÉN¨«¥¢¡C
>> > http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

>> > Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>> > Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
>> > your
>> > opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash
>> >

>>http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

>>_______________________________________
>>YM - Â÷½u°T®§
>>´Nºâ§A¨S¦³¤Wºô¡A§AªºªB¤Í¤´¥i¥H¯d¤U°T®§µ¹§A¡A·í§A¤Wºô®É´N¯à¥ß§Y¬Ý¨ì¡A¥ô¦ó»¡¸Ü³£ÉN¨«¥¢¡C
>>http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

>Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
>your
>opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash

Get an advanced look at the new version of Windows Live Messenger.
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

* Re: [Bluez-users] pin code
@ 2007-12-17  9:10   ` Sumeet VERMA
From: Sumeet VERMA @ 2007-12-17  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'BlueZ users'

Hi Prabhu
I have a question. I have cross compiled dbus-0.93 and flashed the image in my hardware platform. Now when i run dbus-daemon --system it gives me an error
Failed to open connection to system message bus: Failed to connect to socket /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

I am a bit confused here because you write that system_bus_socket is created when dbus-daemon is started. However in my case it is expecting the socket file to be present when I start dbus-daemon.

Can you please clarify how do i solve this problem?

Regards,
Sumeet

  _____

You have to cross-compile dbus-1.0, and start dbus-daemon before executing hcid.
dbus-daemon --system

While cross-compiling dbus-1.0 and bluez-utils, pass the following parameters for the configure script.
--localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc

Once you do this, by default hcid will look for hcid.conf in /etc/bluetooth directory.

Warning. Take a backup of /etc/dbus-1 and /etc/bluetooth, because this will overwrite the previous config, which was already present in ur system.

Run make install for dbus, and u need not run make install for bluez-utils. U can directly copy the hcid.conf and blue-hcid.conf to /etc/bluetooth and /etc/dbus-1/system.d directory respectively.

Now, when u start dbus-daemon --system, it will create a system_bus_socket in /var/run/dbus and it will create a message.pid in /var/run/.

next, when u start hcid, u should not get problem.

-Prabhu

On 1/23/07, KS H <kspam1234@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

Dear

I cross compile the bluez3.8 and try to setup the bluetooth in arm. I connect the arm with CSR BC03 with BCSP configuration. I am able to make the Bluez discoverable and try to pair bluez. however i found that there is no pin respond from Bluez. So i try to configure bluez using hcid.

> hcid -n -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

it return

hcid[481]: Can't connect to system message bus: Failed to connect to socket /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket:  No such file or directory
hcid[481]: Unable to get on D-Bus

My question
1. where can I found the missing file and what is that used for?
2. Is there any method to repsond the pin request other than using hcid

Regards
SH

_______________________________________
YM - 離線訊息
就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。
http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk  <http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk/>

for just about anything Open Source.

* Re: [Bluez-users] pin code
@ 2007-03-09  9:27   ` Kelvin Xu
From: Kelvin Xu @ 2007-03-09  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Dear all,

I am still stuck in this problem.
I am login as 'root' in the my system. And the system-dbus is running on
user 'messagebus'. I tried starting dbus using root as the user by modifying
system.conf but the same problem occur.

The following are the configuration files that i am using, is there anything
wrong?

# more bluez-hcid.conf
<!-- This configuration file specifies the required security policies
     for BlueZ hcid to work. -->

<!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration
1.0//EN"
"http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd">
<busconfig>

  <!-- ../system.conf have denied everything, so we just punch some holes
-->

  <policy user="root">
    <allow own="org.bluez"/>
  </policy>

  <policy at_console="true">
    <allow send_destination="org.bluez.Adapter"/>
    <allow receive_sender="org.bluez.Adapter"/>

    <allow send_path="/org/bluez/Adapter"/>

    <allow send_destination="org.bluez.Manager"/>
    <allow receive_sender="org.bluez.Manager"/>

    <allow send_path="/org/bluez/Manager"/>

    <allow send_destination="org.bluez.Security"/>
    <allow receive_sender="org.bluez.Security"/>
  </policy>

</busconfig>

Thank you for all help provided.

Regards,
Kelvin

>From: Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org>
>To: BlueZ users <bluez-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] pin code
>Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:36:50 +0100
>
>Hi Kelvin,
>
> > i am faced with the sam problems as KS H. I have also cross compiled
>dBus
> > and Bluez Util for ARM using Scratchbox.
> > I followed the similar steps provided by Prabhu. However, I do not have
>the
> > message.pid entry in /var/run but have an additional "pid" entry in
> > /var/run/dbus.
> >
> > And when i try to execute hcid i received the following error:
> > # hcid -n -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
> > hcid[790]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
> > hcid[790]: Can't open system message bus connection: Failed to connect
> > socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
> > hcid[790]: Unable to get on D-Bus
> >
> > Please advice. Thank you
>
>this can mean two things. Either the system bus is not running or the
>security settings for hcid to claim the org.bluez namespace are not
>correctly set.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

Find just what you are after with the more precise, more powerful new
Windows Live Search. http://search.msn.com.sg/ Try it now.

* Re: [Bluez-users] pin code
@ 2007-03-04 17:36 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-03-04 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi Kelvin,

@ 2007-03-04 17:28   ` Kelvin Xu
From: Kelvin Xu @ 2007-03-04 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

How do i double check if my system bus is running andwhether the security
settings are correct?