* [Bluez-users] Obex File Transfers between Nokia and BlueZ
@ 2007-01-26  7:21 Prabhu nath
From: Prabhu nath @ 2007-01-26  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Dear All,
           This is the 2nd time I am posting the question with more
experiments and more logs.
           Has anyone tried obex file transfers between Nokia and BlueZ.
I tried with following Nokia series. In all of these I was not able to Push
a file from the Cell Phone to my Computer with BlueZ. I can push/pull a file
from BlueZ to Cell Phone
Nokia 6260
Nokia 6681
Nokia N80
Nokia E61
Nokia N93.

On the contrary, Object Push works well with MotoQ.

Here is the configuration of BlueZ :
                   http://brochevarevarura.googlepages.com/bluezconf

Logs of Obj. Push from Nokia to BlueZ :
                   http://brochevarevarura.googlepages.com/N93_to_BlueZ.htm

Logs of Obj. Push from MotoQ to BlueZ :
                  http://brochevarevarura.googlepages.com/MotoQ_to_BlueZ.htm
Observation :
              In case of MotoQ, L2CAP is connection is getting disconnected
after SDP
              negotiation and again reconnecting for the Obex file
transfer.
              whereas In case of Nokia, L2CAP connection is not getting
disconnected after SDP
              Negotiation.

This comparision is based on Observation, but I am not aware of rationale
behind this behaviour.

If anyone has successfully tried out Object Push from Nokia, can you please
get me the configuration and the operation.
Appreciate your help in fishing out the problem.

Thanks,
Prabhu

* Re: [Bluez-users] Obex File Transfers between Nokia and BlueZ
@ 2007-01-27 11:26   ` Prabhu nath
From: Prabhu nath @ 2007-01-27 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

I enabled piscan and again no luck.
I am able to push from BlueZ to Nokia, but vice-versa is not possible. i.e.
Pushing an object/file from Nokia to BlueZ. I do the following on the NOkia
cell phone to push a file.

Select an image, and options->send->via Bluetooth->Select BT Device.
Once I do, the messsage, sending failed is displayed on the cell phone.

@ 2007-01-27 11:58 ` Andres Vargas - zodman
From: Andres Vargas - zodman @ 2007-01-27 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

try enable piscan on your bt

# hciconfig hci0 piscan

i have a nokia 6670 and i push files with ..

#  ussp-push 00:02:5B:00:A5:A5@12 file file

your  OBEX Object Push is on channel 9 try with

#  ussp-push 00:02:5B:00:A5:A5@9 file file

@ 2007-01-28  2:24     ` Albert Huang
From: Albert Huang @ 2007-01-28  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Are you sure you're actually running an obex server?  If you're using
fedora, then you can use the obexserver that comes with
gnome-bluetooth.  From the foot menu thing, you should find a menu
option that allows you to receive files via bluetooth.  If your
machine is advertising OPUSH but you're not actually running a server,
then it's not going to work.  If you ever used the sdptool command,
then you probably did something wrong.  This is a fairly standard
usage of bluez and nokia phones.

-albert

@ 2007-01-29 16:48       ` Prabhu nath
From: Prabhu nath @ 2007-01-29 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Oops.. I am running an headless Linux (without X). Is there obex-server
which will work without X.  I browsed over to get obexserver-apps, which is
no more works for latest openobex lib.

I am using obexftpd, I am not sure why it is not working for Nokia but works
for MotoQ.

Thanks,
Prabhu

@ 2007-01-30 22:04         ` Albert Huang
From: Albert Huang @ 2007-01-30 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

obexftpd is old and outdated.  Additionally, I think it hardcodes the
RFCOMM channel number to 10, so if you're going to use it, you'll
probably need to use sdptool --channel=10 instead of --channel=9.
It's better if you use an obex server that does SDP registration
automatically.  I think collin mulliner's sobexsrv does this, although
I haven't tried it myself.
http://www.mulliner.org/bluetooth/sobexsrv.php

In the past, I've had success with obexserver (
http://packages.debian.org/stable/comm/obexserver ) which is just as
old and outdated as obexftpd, but it works.  To use obexserver, you'll
also need to register a service with sdptool:  sdptool add
--channel=10 OPUSH ; obexserver.

-albert

@ 2007-02-01  9:55           ` Prabhu nath
From: Prabhu nath @ 2007-02-01  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)