* Xen 4.9 rc4
@ 2017-05-08 18:41 Julien Grall
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-05-08 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel, xen-announce, xen-users; +Cc: Lars Kurth

Hi all,

Xen 4.9 rc4 is tagged. You can check that out from xen.git:

 git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git 4.9.0-rc4

For your convenience there is also a tarball at:
https://downloads.xenproject.org/release/xen/4.9.0-rc4/xen-4.9.0-rc4.tar.gz

And the signature is at:
https://downloads.xenproject.org/release/xen/4.9.0-rc4/xen-4.9.0-rc4.tar.gz.sig

Please send bug reports and test reports to
xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org. When sending bug reports, please CC
relevant maintainers and me (julien.grall@arm.com).

As a reminder, there will be another Xen Test Day tomorrow (Tuesday 9th May),
for the instructions see:

https://blog.xenproject.org/2017/04/13/announcing-xen-project-4-9-rc-and-test-day-schedule/

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: Xen 4.9 rc4
@ 2017-05-12 14:29 ` Andrii Anisov
From: Andrii Anisov @ 2017-05-12 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, xen-devel, xen-announce, xen-users; +Cc: Lars Kurth

Dear Julien,

On 08.05.17 21:41, Julien Grall wrote:
> As a reminder, there will be another Xen Test Day tomorrow (Tuesday 9th May),
> for the instructions see:
>
> https://blog.xenproject.org/2017/04/13/announcing-xen-project-4-9-rc-and-test-day-schedule/
>
> Cheers,

I'm asked to perform a XEN 4.9.0-rcX testing on Renesas R-Car Gen3 board
(Salvator-X, H3).

Could you please clarify if this [1] is still relevant?
And if the smoke test described here [2] is enough for RC testing?

[1]
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.9_RC_test_instructions#Specific_ARM_Test_Instructions
[2] https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_Manual_Smoke_Test

--

*Andrii Anisov*

* Re: Xen 4.9 rc4
@ 2017-05-12 14:33   ` Lars Kurth
From: Lars Kurth @ 2017-05-12 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrii Anisov, Julien Grall, xen-devel

Removing the announce and user list.

> Could you please clarify if this [1] is still relevant?
Yes

I will let Julien answer the rest: the main goal is really to ensure that
Xen 4.9 works with the HW you care about.

Lars

On 12/05/2017 15:29, "Andrii Anisov" <andrii_anisov@epam.com> wrote:

>Dear Julien,
>

>On 08.05.17 21:41, Julien Grall wrote:
>> As a reminder, there will be another Xen Test Day tomorrow (Tuesday 9th
>>May),
>> for the instructions see:
>>

>>https://blog.xenproject.org/2017/04/13/announcing-xen-project-4-9-rc-and-
>>test-day-schedule/
>>
>> Cheers,
>
>I'm asked to perform a XEN 4.9.0-rcX testing on Renesas R-Car Gen3 board
>(Salvator-X, H3).
>
>Could you please clarify if this [1] is still relevant?
>And if the smoke test described here [2] is enough for RC testing?
>
>[1]
>https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.9_RC_test_instructions#Specific_ARM
>_Test_Instructions
>[2] https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_Manual_Smoke_Test
>
>--
>
>*Andrii Anisov*

* Re: Xen 4.9 rc4
@ 2017-05-12 15:12     ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-05-12 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Kurth, Andrii Anisov, xen-devel

Hello,

On 12/05/17 15:33, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Removing the announce and user list.
>
>> Could you please clarify if this [1] is still relevant?
> Yes
>
> I will let Julien answer the rest: the main goal is really to ensure that
> Xen 4.9 works with the HW you care about.
>
> Lars
>
> On 12/05/2017 15:29, "Andrii Anisov" <andrii_anisov@epam.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Julien,
>>

>> On 08.05.17 21:41, Julien Grall wrote:
>>> As a reminder, there will be another Xen Test Day tomorrow (Tuesday 9th
>>> May),
>>> for the instructions see:
>>>

>>> https://blog.xenproject.org/2017/04/13/announcing-xen-project-4-9-rc-and-
>>> test-day-schedule/
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>
>> I'm asked to perform a XEN 4.9.0-rcX testing on Renesas R-Car Gen3 board
>> (Salvator-X, H3).
>>
>> Could you please clarify if this [1] is still relevant?
>> And if the smoke test described here [2] is enough for RC testing?

The smoke test will create VMs and check if it boots. Feel free to test
more if you have time (e.g device passthrough, network traffic...).

Let us know the results :).

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: Xen 4.9 rc4
@ 2017-05-15 23:45 ` Goel, Sameer
From: Goel, Sameer @ 2017-05-15 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

On 5/8/2017 12:41 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Xen 4.9 rc4 is tagged. You can check that out from xen.git:
>
>  git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git 4.9.0-rc4

Tested the release on Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies QDF2400 platform (Linux kernel 4.11). Basic DOM0 boot works fine after
disabling pl011 serial and SMMUv3. This is as expected.

- Sameer

--
 Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies as an affiliate of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project.

* Re: Xen 4.9 rc4
@ 2017-05-16  8:08   ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-05-16  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Goel, Sameer, xen-devel; +Cc: nd, Stefano Stabellini

Hello,

Thank you for the testing.

On 16/05/2017 00:45, Goel, Sameer wrote:

> On 5/8/2017 12:41 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Xen 4.9 rc4 is tagged. You can check that out from xen.git:
>>
>>  git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git 4.9.0-rc4
>>

> Tested the release on Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies QDF2400 platform (Linux kernel 4.11). Basic DOM0 boot works fine after
> disabling pl011 serial and SMMUv3. This is as expected.

Xen has a driver for pl011 UART, so could you details why you need to
disable it?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: Xen 4.9 rc4
@ 2017-05-16 10:46 ` Andrii Anisov
From: Andrii Anisov @ 2017-05-16 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, xen-devel, xen-announce, xen-users; +Cc: Lars Kurth

Hello All,

On 08.05.17 21:41, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Xen 4.9 rc4 is tagged. You can check that out from xen.git:
>
>   git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git 4.9.0-rc4

With the build fix patch [1] the RC is tested on M3ULCB (Renesas M3)
board [2].
System build done with Yocto.

Following is functional:
     - Dom0 run
     - DomU (with no HW) run
     - PV NET function - DomU runs with NFS root
     - PV Block function - in DomU copy from xvda to NFS root folder.

It was not performed raisin test because raisin failed to start on Yocto
issued system, i.e.:
     root@m3ulcb-domx:~/raisin# ./raise test
     No config file found, copying default config
     [raisin] I don't know distro unknown. It might be missing packages.
     [raisin] I don't know distro unknown. It might be missing packages.
     [raisin] I don't know distro unknown. Cannot install packages.

[1]
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-05/msg01540.html
[2] http://elinux.org/R-Car/Boards/M3SK

--