* Monitor IO while fio is running
@ 2016-03-12 22:20 Kurt_Dorsey
From: Kurt_Dorsey @ 2016-03-12 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fio

I may just not know how to do this
I know about the ability to touch /tmp/fio-dump-status which will dump the output of fio to a file or stdout while the test is running.  What I am looking for is to be able to dump the write_iops_log while fio is running so that I can see the point in time average IOps for a given interval
For example if I have log_avg_msec=60000 it will write an iops.log file with 60second intervals, unfortunately this file doesn't get created until fio exits.  Is there a way to get this to dump on a regular basis (or by touching a file in /tmp) so that I can tail the output?

I am looking for a way to get point in time status via a script and the output from tmp-dump-status only gives me averages from the start of time rather than the last interval

Thank you,
Kurt