* New DTC Release
@ 2013-01-23 21:57 Sobota, Justin
       [not found] ` <311ECDE3E284F649854AED0B108A0CE114B7939C-CXzTdvP5/9qIQmiDNMet8wC/G2K4zDHf@public.gmane.org>
From: Sobota, Justin @ 2013-01-23 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jdl-CYoMK+44s/E; +Cc: devicetree-discuss-uLR06cmDAlY/bJ5BZ2RsiQ

Jon,

Will it be possible to do a new DTC release sometime in the near future?  I've integrated libfdt from DTCv1.3.0 into a TI software component that will be released with a BSD-type license.  During the integration I noticed a lot of applicable fixes have been made on the master since the last release in 2011.  David informed me the master is generally stable enough to consume but I'd feel more comfortable using an official DTC release.

One additional item I brought up with David is the lack of license header in fdt.h and libfdt_env.h.  He responded the lack of license in both headers is an oversight.  If a new release can be spun I'd like to request the license header be added to these files.

Thanks,
Justin

* Re: New DTC Release
       [not found] ` <311ECDE3E284F649854AED0B108A0CE114B7939C-CXzTdvP5/9qIQmiDNMet8wC/G2K4zDHf@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-01-24 16:47   ` Jon Loeliger
From: Jon Loeliger @ 2013-01-24 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sobota, Justin; +Cc: devicetree-discuss-uLR06cmDAlY/bJ5BZ2RsiQ

> Jon,
>
>   David informed me the master is generally stable enough to consume

True.

> but I'd feel more comfortable using an official DTC release.

It's in the works.  I have a few more patch I'll apply first for sure.
(At least 1 through 3 of the recent 6 patch series.)

> One additional item I brought up with David is the lack of license
> header in fdt.h and libfdt_env.h.  He responded the lack of license in
> both headers is an oversight.  If a new release can be spun I'd like
> to request the license header be added to these files.

Oversight is fixed in the same manner as bug fixes and feature
development: via patches.

Thanks,
jdl