* Enabling tk for Python tkinter module
@ 2021-09-28 21:58 Chris Tapp
From: Chris Tapp @ 2021-09-28 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I am trying to get PySimpleGUI running on an RPi4 using meta-raspberrypi with hardknott.

I have created a recipe for PySimpleGUI and added the following to my local.conf:

PACKAGECONFIG_pn-python3 = “tk”
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python3 python3-modules python3-pysimplegui tk"

However, the tkinter module fails to load, reporting “No module named _tkinter”, with a note above saying that Python may not be configured for Tk.

Looking on the target, /usr/lib/libtk.8.so is present.

It looks as if there is something else I need to do to get Python to build correctly, but I’m out of ideas ;-)

I’ve found a few bits on the internet that seem related, but they haven’t helped me get things going:
 https://www.mail-archive.com/yocto@yoctoproject.org/msg18232.html
 https://www.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2014-July/020547.html

Any pointers on where to look would be appreciated.

--

Chris Tapp
opensource@keylevel.com