* can all references to "lsb" in docs be removed?
@ 2021-05-01 22:00 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2021-05-01 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  in this case, i refer to sdk-manual, appendix-obtain.rst, where one
reads:

   The pre-built root filesystem image files follow these naming
   conventions::

      core-image-profile-arch.tar.bz2

      Where:
          profile is the filesystem image's profile:
                    lsb, lsb-dev, lsb-sdk, minimal, minimal-dev, minimal-initramfs,
                    sato, sato-dev, sato-sdk, sato-sdk-ptest. For information on
                    these types of image profiles, see the "Images" chapter in
                    the Yocto Project Reference Manual.

          arch is a string representing the target architecture:
                    beaglebone-yocto, beaglebone-yocto-lsb, edgerouter, edgerouter-lsb,
                    genericx86, genericx86-64, genericx86-64-lsb, genericx86-lsb and qemu*.

note the numerous references to "lsb"-related downloadable objects,
none of which seem to exist anymore. can all those lsb entries be
tossed?

rday

* Re: [docs] can all references to "lsb" in docs be removed?
@ 2021-05-03 16:12 ` Michael Opdenacker
From: Michael Opdenacker @ 2021-05-03 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again Robert,

>   in this case, i refer to sdk-manual, appendix-obtain.rst, where one
> reads:
>
>    The pre-built root filesystem image files follow these naming
>    conventions::
>
>       core-image-profile-arch.tar.bz2
>
>       Where:
>           profile is the filesystem image's profile:
>                     lsb, lsb-dev, lsb-sdk, minimal, minimal-dev, minimal-initramfs,
>                     sato, sato-dev, sato-sdk, sato-sdk-ptest. For information on
>                     these types of image profiles, see the "Images" chapter in
>                     the Yocto Project Reference Manual.
>
>           arch is a string representing the target architecture:
>                     beaglebone-yocto, beaglebone-yocto-lsb, edgerouter, edgerouter-lsb,
>                     genericx86, genericx86-64, genericx86-64-lsb, genericx86-lsb and qemu*.
>

> note the numerous references to "lsb"-related downloadable objects,
> none of which seem to exist anymore. can all those lsb entries be
> tossed?

Good catch, thanks! Actually, we're missing image types as found in
meta*/recipes*/images/*.bb. Even ref-manual/images.rst is missing such
image types.

I'll propose an update removing the outdated ones and adding the new
ones, at least in ref-manual/images.rst.

By the way, I may not keep the exhaustive list in the above text, to
keep things simple and easier to maintain. The reference to the YP Ref
Manual may be enough...

Anyway, you'll be able to review my patch :)

Cheers,

Michael.

--
Michael Opdenacker, Bootlin