* bind: issue in trust anchor management can cause named to crash (CVE-2015-1349)
@ 2015-03-11  8:06 Sona Sarmadi
From: Sona Sarmadi @ 2015-03-11  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto-security; +Cc: yocto

Affects version 9.7.0 - 9.10.1-P1. In master we use bind 9.9.5.

// Sona

* Re: bind: issue in trust anchor management can cause named to crash (CVE-2015-1349)
@ 2015-03-11 23:28 ` Alexandru Vaduva
From: Alexandru Vaduva @ 2015-03-11 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sona Sarmadi, yocto-security; +Cc: yocto

Wouldn`t it be better for the bugs to be only mentioned on the security list?It is my opinion that know about a risk before it is fixed could cause more harm then good.What do you thing about this?

Alex Vaduva

@ 2015-03-12  7:35   ` Sona Sarmadi
From: Sona Sarmadi @ 2015-03-12  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandru Vaduva, yocto-security; +Cc: yocto

Hi Alex,

Yes I agree with you but this is already a public CVE. Maybe in the future we will/should just discuss security related issues in the yocto-security@yoctoproject.org<mailto:yocto-security@yoctoproject.org> mailing list, but right now we don’t have many members so I copy to the yocto@yoctoproject.org<mailto:yocto@yoctoproject.org> list as well.

My intention is to make the list aware of security vulnerabilities/CVEs which keep coming all the time. I encourage everyone to do this. We will soon or later create a bug in Bugzilla if needed or just backport the CVE to our version or upgrade the recipes in the affected package to the version which is not vulnerable.

//Sona

@ 2015-03-12 15:57     ` Benjamin Esquivel
From: Benjamin Esquivel @ 2015-03-12 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sona Sarmadi; +Cc: yocto-security, yocto

On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 07:35 +0000, Sona Sarmadi wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>

> Yes I agree with you but this is already a public CVE. Maybe in the
> future we will/should just discuss security related issues in the
> yocto-security@yoctoproject.org mailing list, but right now we don’t
> have many members so I copy to the yocto@yoctoproject.org list as
> well.

I think this list is not published in the yocto lists page:

And, who would be able to subscribe to it? invite-only? public?

@ 2015-03-13  7:59       ` Sona Sarmadi
From: Sona Sarmadi @ 2015-03-13  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: benjamin.esquivel; +Cc: Alexandru Vaduva, yocto-security, yocto

Hi Benjamin,

> I think this list is not published in the yocto lists page:
> And, who would be able to subscribe to it? invite-only? public?

This mailing list is an open list to discuss security related activities (mainly for those who contributes the Yocto Project with security updates/patches etc).  We have some info about this list at https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Security page, we should add this mailing list to https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/community/mailing-lists as well.

Thank you for addressing this.

//Sona